The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[POLL] when will AV get the axe?

WindChaser

166 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

AV is on thin ice but if im Aqualini i'm also starting to pay attention to MG.

If Gillis only adds a Pahlsson and a Gragnani again then maybe its time to consider a new gm.

Neither AV or MG are looking too good right now.

They compiled and coach a soft team that doesn't play for 60 minutes.

Is it the coaching ? is it the GM ? is is the players ?

its all 3 if u ask me. coach is too comfortable, the core is too comfortable and our GM still doesnt seem to get the obvious needs of this team.

AV isn't getting fired. Even if we don't make the playoffs this year, he's here to stay for another year. His record with us is too good. Also your poll options suck, suggesting he will get fired if we don't win the cup? Non-sense. I would point the blame more to MG right now then AV. He needs to let some people and contracts go. Depth only works if you have a good team to start with.

AV and Bowness should be gone by the end of the year, but I doubt it will happen. With everyone saying that Gillis should be gone because he hasn't given AV any upgrade is a joke. Before the season started everyone was talking about how the Nucks D is the best on paper, and there a lot of skill on the back end but over and over us fans see the system get picked apart by other teams.

Honestly with Grabner the guy was sent to Florida because he was too lazy, then he went to Florida and what 3 weeks later he was waived. Shouldn't that tell you something about Grabner?

AV and Bowness should be gone by the end of the year, but I doubt it will happen. With everyone saying that Gillis should be gone because he hasn't given AV any upgrade is a joke. Before the season started everyone was talking about how the Nucks D is the best on paper, and there a lot of skill on the back end but over and over us fans see the system get picked apart by other teams.

Honestly with Grabner the guy was sent to Florida because he was too lazy, then he went to Florida and what 3 weeks later he was waived. Shouldn't that tell you something about Grabner?

Question for the mods- What is the criteria for locking a thread?

- and they lock it; very comical. What is the criteria? anything MG doesn't like or makes him look bad gets locked down. (I'd like to know who these people are. Let's have some names.)

So OP what your saying is the coach had the team playing really well, without their second line centre and yet you want him fired? Go figure. I've never understood why AV gets so much critism on CDC yet GM MG gets a free pass. This team has consistently been one of the best teams in the West under AV's leadership yet people want him canned. These same people overlook the number of overpayed under performing players MG has recently brought to the Canucks (Ballard, Booth, Garrison or past players like Strum), the massive Luongo contract or some poor trades (Hodgson, Ballard).

I would sack MG before I would sack AV. The guy has given us NOTHING in 2 years. However in that time he has seen off Sammy, Sami, Hodgson, Erhoff, Manny (although Manny is trying to resist it) Rome, Sulzer and now Volpatti.

Arguably we got next to nothing back for these stalwarts.

Archived