The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

While we're on the topic of soft

canuck73_3

This is the softest group of fans I have ever seen in any sport.

For 6 years now we go on a 2 game losing streak fans call for the coach to be fired, goalie to be traded, bench this guy, whine about this whine about that. Give me a break. I can't believe how spoiled fans have become here, try going through the 70's-80's when outside of 82 this team was going nowhere fast.

How about the Messier/post Messier debacle?

We lose Aaron freakin Volpatti on waivers and this place explodes like we traded the Sedins for Clarke MacArthur...

Seriously Vancouver get a grip...

This is the softest group of fans I have ever seen in any sport.

For 6 years now we go on a 2 game losing streak fans call for the coach to be fired, goalie to be traded, bench this guy, whine about this whine about that. Give me a break. I can't believe how spoiled fans have become here, try going through the 70's-80's when outside of 82 this team was going nowhere fast.

How about the Messier/post Messier debacle?

We lose Aaron freakin Volpatti on waivers and this place explodes like we traded the Sedins for Clarke MacArthur...

Seriously Vancouver get a grip...

I agree.. totally

I think there are a lot of lonely people on this board though who just want to communicate with others and this is their means. Creating a controversial topic designed to start a heated discussion/debate is the best way to do that. This is sometimes referred to as a troll under extenuating circumstances..

CDC does not even come close to representing the fan base of Vancouver, so we shouldn't be so quick to generalize about all fans. The media doesn't help matters.. but freedom of speech/press is what it is

What you need to do is not cherrypick opinions of some posters and generalize the entire group based of a small sample size. Yes, some people are more vocal in some topics then others. For instance did you see my post in the Volpatti thread? No, because I didn't make one, I am pretty indifferent to it. I liked him, but it is what it is.

The more a poster cares about a certain subject, the louder that poster will get and while it may seem that means everyone, you have to notice that there are indeed different opinions or even abstaining and silence to wade into the topic at hand.

So no, the entire fanbase is not freaking out and you are not the bastion of calm, patience and objectivity. You are just another fan and one day you may get heated over a subject and when that day comes, feel free to rant about it on this board provided. Then when someone rolls their eyes at you and says "all Vancouver fans blah blah blah" you may just see where I am coming from here.

Archived