The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

So with Volpatti gone and Kesler injured what should the lines be?

406281dylan

Yes ...... it is another lineup thread, but I just want to hear everyones opinion.

The main concern that i have is what are the canucks going to do with Andrew ebbett coming in to the lineup. Lets not forget when Kesler was injured before we did good things, however ebbett was never apart of it.ebbett started on the 2nd line then went to the third line and then to the 4th all the way to the bench. It is obvious that we are going to give Schroeder the 2nd line duties, hopefully he will put up some points their. Av stated that schroeder likes to play with raymond so u might see him get a promotion as well. Now personally when I try to compare Maxim Lapierre to ebbett I cant find a comparison, Lapierre is smarter with the puck,more effective in all aspects and is bigger. Also Lapierre had 3 points in 5 games on the third line before Kesler made his return, and we were winning games........ So what should the lineups look like till Kesler returns?

My lineup

Sedins-Burrows

Higgins-Schroeder-Raymond

Booth/Kassian-Lapierre-Hansen (I dont know if i like booth and hansen on the same line though)

Booth/Kassian-Ebbett-Weise

What do u guys think?

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian/Burr

Booth-Schroeder-Kassian/Burr

Higgins-Lapierre-Hansen

Weise-Ebbet-Raymond

1st line

2nd real offensive 2nd line, yes maybe vulnerable defensively but you gotta have faith in these guys.

3rd real energy,defensive line

4th who cares, as long they cna play 4-5 min to give others a breather.

To be successful and eventually win a cup we need our young talented player to step up. To do that they need quality minutes and a vote of confidence. Burrows is more suited for the Sedins, but it gives Schroeder a veteran presence on the line

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows << Consistent offensively, we can't lose that now.

Booth - Schroeder - Raymond << Lots of speed and potential for offense.

Higgins - Lapierre - Kassian << Played a few games together, were effective on the forecheck & scored a few goals.

Weise - Ebbett - Hansen << Don't want to "demote" Hansen, but maybe it'll make this line useful.

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian

Raymond - Schroeder - Burrows

Booth - Lapierre - Hansen

Higgins - Ebbett - Weise

Burrows can move anywhere, so put him with Schroeds and Mayray to help out a little defensively and of course, offensively. Put Kassquatch back on the first where he belongs. Third line is defensively capable with added offensive upside. Unfortunately Higgy has to take the bullet and carry our 4th line.

Guest Pinchin

Hank Dank Kassian

Higgins Schroeder Burrows

Mayray Lappy Hansen

Booth Ebbet Weise

I would consider switching Booth for Mayray but I doubt Coach V will as he clearly sees more in Mayray than I do.

If they don't leave Edler on his confortable side then he will not come out of his defensive funk.

I have no faith that Kassian will make the 1st line, I'd like to see it again for a whole game though. It's more probable to me that Burr is on Line 1, Hansen on 2 and Kassian on 3. But hey, if it's my call it's as i stated above.

Hank Dank Kassian

Higgins Schroeder Burrows

Mayray Lappy Hansen

Booth Ebbet Weise

I would consider switching Booth for Mayray but I doubt Coach V will as he clearly sees more in Mayray than I do.

If they don't leave Edler on his confortable side then he will not come out of his defensive funk.

I have no faith that Kassian will make the 1st line, I'd like to see it again for a whole game though. It's more probable to me that Burr is on Line 1, Hansen on 2 and Kassian on 3. But hey, if it's my call it's as i stated above.

D Sedin-H Sedin-Kassian/Burrows

Raymond-Shredder-Higgans/Burrows

Hansen-Ebbet-Booth/Kassian/Higgans

Weise-Lappy-Booth/Kassian

Ok, so first line is pretty much the same, Give Kassian the line to start the game and when things get rolling see how it goes. Promote 3rd line to 2nd line. (Showing promise) 3rd line is effective shut-down with faceoff/center redundancy with Burrows on it. (Size upgrade if needed) 4th is the same but has spot to rotate either Booth or Kassian depending on success and chemistry.

Seeing as AV hates winning by more than 1 goal almost as much as he hates not winning I would say he should dress as many D-men as possible to maximize our chances of not losing

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Raymond Shroeder Ballard

Hansen Lapierre Alberts

Barker Ebbett Booth

Tanev Edler

Garrison Joslin

Hamhuis Connaughton

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows << Consistent offensively, we can't lose that now.

Booth - Schroeder - Raymond << Lots of speed and potential for offense.

Higgins - Lapierre - Kassian << Played a few games together, were effective on the forecheck & scored a few goals.

Weise - Ebbett - Hansen << Don't want to "demote" Hansen, but maybe it'll make this line useful.

Archived