The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

DiPietro 'Kidding' about suicide comments......

kk0007

Really unfortunate. The guy really was a phenomenal goaltender, but the injuries really did a number on him. Made him look bad, but also made his contract look TERRIBLE. If he had been able to carry the Isles as the "franchise goalie" he was deemed to be, his contract would look pretty good. I really hope he works at it, and stays injury free, and gets another shot in the NHL before his career ultimately ends. The guy really does deserve it.

Before anyone bashes him I bet most of us have said something similar many times.

Anyways I do feel bad for the guy, must be tough being out all the time with injury. It's not his fault the Crylanders offered him such a ridiculous contract.

It's not his fault, it's the original reporter's fault for blowing his comments out of proportion. I'm pretty sure everyone has said jokingly "I'm going to kill myself" at one time or another - you know, like "If I fail this test/don't get this job/if this moron keeps talking, I'll kill myself" and such. It's a shame the first reporter, Kevin Maher, just wanted to get some attention by running that headline when it wasn't accurate at all.

Well, he got overly emotional and said some inappropriate stuff. Who wouldn't get upset when that happens to you. Not defending him, but I understand to a certain degree.

Snow said it would be handled internally, at it has been done. He now came out and said it was a joke. Weak cover-up, but a cover-up none the less. Not much more you can do as the $hit hit the fan already...

Archived