The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Dairy industry rallying for Aspartame in milk without labeling

key2thecup

"HFCS may cause diabetes and obesity, but aspartame causes neurological damage and early-onset Alzheimer’s."

Dear goodness. I don't understand how HFCS and aspartame can be legal. It is 100% known that HFCS and aspartame cause all of these implications to the human body, yet they are free for people to consume. And then there's stuff like marijuana, which has yet to be proven to cause any diseases and is illegal.

I don't get this planet we live on.

So what are you say'n I will grow boobs if i drink soy milk?

I have actually read about this when looking for good sources of protein so i will not drink or eat anything Soy.

But i also read about Beer increasing Estorgen levels and that has not stopped me from drinking beer so i guess i just have no desire to us Soy.

Aspartame in any food is as bad as fluoride in our drinking water... why does our governments insist on allowing this crap to be consumed by the public and yet they complain about health care costs .

Jesus, gentlemen - I found this article after a quick google search, it's literally the first thing that comes up:

You clowns had me freaked out, since I'm a big advocate of edamame (baby soy beans) post work-out, I also drink Silk. I'm going to go with science on this one, since my chest is pretty firm but I kinda have red nipples...

Anyway, don't scare people like that!

"HFCS may cause diabetes and obesity, but aspartame causes neurological damage and early-onset Alzheimer’s."

Dear goodness. I don't understand how HFCS and aspartame can be legal. It is 100% known that HFCS and aspartame cause all of these implications to the human body, yet they are free for people to consume. And then there's stuff like marijuana, which has yet to be proven to cause any diseases and is illegal.

I don't get this planet we live on.

Nor do I, but the guiding principal for all things seems to be profit uber alles.

Pasteurized milk, or almost all milk sold in North America, is unfit for consumption. It is another miracle of modern advertising/propaganda that while people have consumed raw milk for 4 plus millennia of recorded history but are prevented by law to do so today because of alleged health reasons and most think this just peachy.

The actual reason, of course, is shelf life: Raw milk: 3-5 days tops. Pasteurized, enzyme & nutrient deprived milk: 2-3 weeks, maybe longer now as I haven’t touched the stuff in years.

Sales are down and their solution is to add sugar imitation. So in addition to increasing diabetes more people will get the shakes a la Michael J. Fox. This we call progress.

Bingo... And if you learn about the meat industry, fruit and veg & how things are irradiated and such..... its disgusting.

All of it comes down to corporations and lobbying, they lobby the FDA & others to do whatever increases there pocketbooks.

It's not about the consumer, its about the dollar.

Exactly. I'm taking environmental history at UBC, and the amount of corn that is being consumed for practically everything is also going to harm us in the longer run.

At the end of the day, farming isn't what it used to be. It's all about supporting the economy, not families.

Here's a good one about food and diet.

Defense_of_food_cover.jpg

The problem is that people don't care enough about proper nutrition, don't know enough about proper nutrition, or can't afford the cost of proper nutrition,

Not to mention the fact that the sugar content of our diet has gone up and up. Even the sugar content of fruits and veggies has gone up through selection and gene manipulation,

Normal chocolate milk is pretty damn good. The other drinks have way too much sugar. It's sad that they have to resort to adding sweetners to milk.

And yeah, too much of anything is generally bad. The soy milk thing is kind of ridiculous, for you to be affected you literally have to OD on the stuff daily. It is a healthy thing, the stories you hear people are drinking like obscene amounts. 3 quarts a day is like 10 glasses.

It's kind of sad that you can never think anything is just fact. The bad things people say for and against dairy and soy milk for example, could just be the other side trying to get biased results to smear the other.

On a random note about goats milk though, I remember I use to drink that way back in the day when I was lactose intolerant for awhile. It was actually pretty good.

Archived