g_bassi13

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,670 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:04 PM

did you say the game plays very well?

*waits for gbass*

Lol. All I'll say is that it's a generic shooter at best. The problem lies in that most all shooting sequences involve corridor sections where enemies just line up to die. There's no tactical planning or shooting skill required for it. Although the parts like those where they recycle the Multiplayer maps are decent enough. But I'm not going to give them props for recycling multiplayer maps, lol.

Hey hey hey! Yeah, ME3 sucked worse than getting a lobotomy, but that doesn't mean the first two aren't still awesome and fun to play. :P

I played ME3 once and it was crap I've played ME2 three times since and it's still awesome.

Fair enough, lol. What I hate is how tied in ME2 was to ME3, in that it was inherently built to rely on that game to deliver on ME2's own promises. And it didn't. Which is why I bad mouth the game far more than another typical crap game.

ucuxpJV.png

On the off-chance I die, gbassi, I love you.

#32 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 12:03 AM

Fair enough, lol. What I hate is how tied in ME2 was to ME3, in that it was inherently built to rely on that game to deliver on ME2's own promises. And it didn't. Which is why I bad mouth the game far more than another typical crap game.

Yeah, I was almost tempted to get the DLC that "improves" the ending but decide not to because I already wasted enough money on purchasing the game to begin with! :P

P.S. I love that Rashida Jones pic you're using, she's too cute!

Edited by Gumballthechewy, 09 March 2013 - 12:30 AM.

Don't take anything I say seriously! EVER!

#33 sakage.shinga

sakage.shinga

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:41 PM

Yeah, I was almost tempted to get the DLC that "improves" the ending but decide not to because I already wasted enough money on purchasing tha game to begin with! :P

P.S. I love that Rashida Jones pic you're using, she's too cute!

Are you talking about the Extended Cut DLC? As far as I know it's free, fyi. Not saying it actually improves the endings that much, but it makes them slightly better with a bit more context & clarity.

Imo ME3 felt rushed. It had a poor intro with subpar exposition and atmosphere to hook the players in; some barebones sidequests and a very annoying fetch quest system; also the war assets system was never properly utilized in my opinion. The ending while clearly trying to be deep and wanting to foster fan speculations about the fate of the galaxy, was poorly constructed. Still, the game had its great moments and I don't regret purchasing it.

As far as DLCs go, I'd get Leviathan if you want to learn more about the Reapers' origin. Omega was OK at best if you're really dying to find out more about Aria. The latest Citadel DLC is pretty good if you're looking to get a break between fighting Reapers and reminicise with your squad; there's some excellent if not slightly cheesy moments in the DLC.

ME as a series was the best I've ever played (although the Witcher series might beat it depending on Witcher 3). You come to care about the fate of the galaxy but more importantly your squadmates. It's by far the most engaging series I've ever had the pleasure of enjoying.

Edited by sakage.shinga, 08 March 2013 - 11:42 PM.

Posted Image

#34 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 12:28 AM

Are you talking about the Extended Cut DLC? As far as I know it's free, fyi. Not saying it actually improves the endings that much, but it makes them slightly better with a bit more context & clarity.

I think so, whatever was just released March 5th. But if it's free I'll grab it.

Imo ME3 felt rushed. It had a poor intro with subpar exposition and atmosphere to hook the players in; some barebones sidequests and a very annoying fetch quest system; also the war assets system was never properly utilized in my opinion. The ending while clearly trying to be deep and wanting to foster fan speculations about the fate of the galaxy, was poorly constructed. Still, the game had its great moments and I don't regret purchasing it.

Yeah, I thought it felt rushed too. It's not that I regret buying it, it's more I regret having such high expectations of it. The game as a game is fun to play.

As far as DLCs go, I'd get Leviathan if you want to learn more about the Reapers' origin. Omega was OK at best if you're really dying to find out more about Aria. The latest Citadel DLC is pretty good if you're looking to get a break between fighting Reapers and reminicise with your squad; there's some excellent if not slightly cheesy moments in the DLC.

I like cheesy. Mmmm... Cheese....

ME as a series was the best I've ever played (although the Witcher series might beat it depending on Witcher 3). You come to care about the fate of the galaxy but more importantly your squadmates. It's by far the most engaging series I've ever had the pleasure of enjoying.

Yeah, I know what of mean, I don't usually get "attached" to video game characters but in ME2 I actually got a little attached. Even though it's a video game I had a hard time being mean to my crew on my Renegade run. I actually caved and started being nice to them again but I was still an ass to everyone else, ha ha!

Except Jack, I hate Jack... With a passion...

Edited by Gumballthechewy, 09 March 2013 - 12:29 AM.

#35 Captain Bob

Captain Bob

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,617 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 02:29 PM

Finished 1 and started 2 this morning. I imported my character, but early on the skills appear to be completely different and nothing seems to have imported but my name and what I look like. Does anything actually import ? Also, not impressed they changed the shoot trigger from R2 to R1. A little tough to get used to at first.

#36 Captain Bob

Captain Bob

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,617 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 03:29 PM

Found this which answered my questions. May be helpful to others.

http://masseffect.wi...e_File_Transfer

#37 a Fool

a Fool

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 01:18 PM

Bassi, you should really check out the ME3 DLC: Citadel. I 100% agree with you on the ME series, but it's worth it.

#38 g_bassi13

g_bassi13

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,670 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:48 AM

Bassi, you should really check out the ME3 DLC: Citadel. I 100% agree with you on the ME series, but it's worth it.

I think that's a fair enough suggestion, but there's no way I'm giving these guys another $10-15 for anything.

ucuxpJV.png

#39 a Fool

a Fool

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:07 AM

I think that's a fair enough suggestion, but there's no way I'm giving these guys another $10-15 for anything.

Yeah, I think I threw up a little bit in my mouth when I hit the purchase button. But as a pretty hardcore ME fan, I had a grin on my face for the entire 5+ hours it took me. It's easily the best part about ME3, providing more closure than the entire Earth mission + ending fiasco. At least watch a let's play vid man, it's worth it.

#40 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:13 AM

Yeah, I think I threw up a little bit in my mouth when I hit the purchase button. But as a pretty hardcore ME fan, I had a grin on my face for the entire 5+ hours it took me. It's easily the best part about ME3, providing more closure than the entire Earth mission + ending fiasco. At least watch a let's play vid man, it's worth it.

Yeah, my girlfriend got me a couple of MS Points cards few days ago so I figured why not? I downloaded a few ME3 DLC and now I'm replaying it.

It's a little better than I remember the first time I played it, I think I judged it to harshly after jumping straight into ME3 from ME2.

#41 g_bassi13

g_bassi13

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,670 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:06 AM

I did the whole youtube thing during the extended cut and it did give me a really good laugh (3 really hearty laughs). It was hilariously incompetent.

But based on what I know of this DLC, I don't quite know if it will be for me. There's no sentimentality for them to prey on, because I dropped all sentimentality I had after for the series after suffering the bulk of the third game, then the ending, then the developers condescending attitude, followed by that before mentioned hilarious extended cut. I just really, really, don't care about throwing a positive spin on something like this DLC does, if it was preceding by storytelling incompetence with the story beforehand, and will still be curtailed into that blackhole of an ending anyways.

I'd probably play the game if someone remade it properly, but I'm just not having that random slap dab of incomplete stories they through together and called the third part of the trilogy.

ucuxpJV.png

#42 Alchemy Time

Alchemy Time

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,855 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 08:50 AM

Is that the one with the cheesy sing-along with Tali?
Posted Image

#43 LordCanuck

LordCanuck

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:34 PM

Citadel was very good. was probably the best dlc for the game besides leviathan. Love the series, its one of the better series/games made in the last decade. and yes I hated the endings and still do.
Posted Imagekhalifawiz501

#44 a Fool

a Fool

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 07:57 PM

Is that the one with the cheesy sing-along with Tali?

Idk, I don't remember that.

The DLC in its entirety is quite cheesy though. It never really takes itself seriously, which might be a turnoff for some. I thought it was actually funny though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.