The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mass Effect series

Captain Bob

I think you expect too much out of the decisions, its just not possible for them to write the game to include every scenario of every choice the character had made over the 2 previous games. That being said, look back at what you wrote and each decision will have at least 2 different outcomes based on the choices the character made. those "bs war points" are the quantitative advantage in the 3rd game, not just a number, which affects the outcome. Yes the original ending was terrible, but if you download the expanded ending thing(which I 100% recommend) it provides closure. I also feel there may have been too high of expectations placed on the game, but if you judge it purely on its own it is a great game.

Guest Gumballthechewy

The first 2 games were great. The third one sucks all different kinds of balls. Was my favourite series before hand, but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone anymore. Been doing the opposite actually.

The dragon age endings were a bit more epic in decision making. You could sacrifice yourself, someone else or no one based of some decisions you made and if you kept and helped certain companions.

ME3? Doesn't matter what you do. It all funnels to the same end. It's to the point that just don't do the endings. I just get to the last mission and my work here is done. On the positive side, the game plays very well, especially if you want to make unorthodox characters (No nova Claymore shotgun Vanguard) (Drone master Wraith shotgun Engineer)

Just

that ending......

sucks

Guest Gumballthechewy

Fair enough, lol. What I hate is how tied in ME2 was to ME3, in that it was inherently built to rely on that game to deliver on ME2's own promises. And it didn't. Which is why I bad mouth the game far more than another typical crap game.

Guest Gumballthechewy

Are you talking about the Extended Cut DLC? As far as I know it's free, fyi. Not saying it actually improves the endings that much, but it makes them slightly better with a bit more context & clarity.

Finished 1 and started 2 this morning. I imported my character, but early on the skills appear to be completely different and nothing seems to have imported but my name and what I look like. Does anything actually import ? Also, not impressed they changed the shoot trigger from R2 to R1. A little tough to get used to at first.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Gumballthechewy

Yeah, I think I threw up a little bit in my mouth when I hit the purchase button. But as a pretty hardcore ME fan, I had a grin on my face for the entire 5+ hours it took me. It's easily the best part about ME3, providing more closure than the entire Earth mission + ending fiasco. At least watch a let's play vid man, it's worth it.

Archived