The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Offer Sheet] Flames offer sheet Ryan O'Reilly

PlayStation

Darren Dreger@DarrenDreger

Breaking: Told thhe Flames have filed an offer sheet on Ryan O'Reilly. #TSN

Darren Dreger@DarrenDreger

O'Reilly details more clearly: 2 yrs .. 5M AAV ... 1m salary this year and 2.5 SB ... 6.5M salary next year.

Adam Proteau@Proteautype

Jay Feaster. Greg Sherman. Barn Fight. Book it.

If any team needed centre help, it would Calgary

I don't see Colorado not matching this. They have the cap space for it.. but that said this is a deep draft coming up..

This is a bit dated, but in 2011 this kind of offer would cost Calgary a 1st, 2nd and 3rd.

2011 Compensationfrom ProHockeyTalk at NBC Sports and Craig Custance of The Sporting News

• $1,034,249 or below: No compensation

• $1,034,250 – $1,567,043: A 3rd round draft pick.

• $1,567,044 – $3,134,088: A 2nd round draft pick.

• $3,134,089 – $4,701,131: A 1st and 3rd round draft pick.

• $4,701,132 – $6,268,175: A 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round draft pick.

• $6,268,176 – $7,835,219: Two 1st’s, a 2nd and a 3rd round draft pick.

• Over $7,835,219: Four 1st round draft picks.

Nice one, Feaster!

Hope the Avs take the compensation and Calgary can finally get some help on offense!

Not trying to turn this our way and say why oh why didn't you make the offer sheet, Mike. But I'm a bit envious of the other teams' GM's making bold moves and ours making none at all. And we were actually the one supposed to make a splash.

With how this is structured Colorado would have to tender O'Reilly an qualifying offer based on his 2014 salary of $6.5m. They may look at that and choose eto take the compansation. Calgary taking a huge gamble here hoping he's worth that in a year, but I think that's the only way they could structure the offer sheet and have a chance at Colorado not matching

that QO is disgusting,

Over $3,364,391 to $5,046,585 - 1st round pick, 3rd

Over $5,046,585 to $6,728,781 - 1st round pick, 2nd, 3rd

1st and 3rd, for a highend 2nd line centre or lowend first line centre not bad.

If colorado matches this when can they trade Orielly is it a calendar year? or by season meaning he could be traded on july2?

To those of you who wished Gillis made this offer... Are you nuts?!? Where the hell would we magically get 5 mil more cap space? And since when is O Reilly worth 5 mil????? He seems like a greedy, self centered jerk. NO THANKS. Colorado would be nuts not to take a potential top 5 pick this year. I mean it is Calgary!

Archived