The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Offer Sheet] Flames offer sheet Ryan O'Reilly

PlayStation

Calgary's 1st could be a lottery pick (in a deep draft)... Bad move for Flames fans if your asking me. This move would make more sense for the Canucks since ours is probability going to be another selection in the 20s (and 80 something for the 3rd rounder). That said, I see the Avalanches matching this offer...

Offer sheets don't work. Why do you think they're used so rarely? All they do is piss off other teams, and hurt your chances of making real deals with them in the future.

So you would rather Gillis attempt something that everyone knows won't work than do nothing? That's the definition of idiocy.

Calgary's 1st could be a lottery pick (in a deep draft)... Bad move for Flames fans if your asking me. This move would make more sense for the Canucks since ours is probability going to be another selection in the 20s (and 80 something for the 3rd rounder). That said, I see the Avalanches matching this offer...

Why isnt the Canucks doing something like this? Is MG still alive or on vacation?

We could've offersheeted Benn and erase any secondary scoring questions..

Dallas would've have matched but atleast its an attempt to make the team better, MG are you paying attention??

Still waiting on the 'bold moves' MG promised us when he was hired..

Or it could be a 15th to 20th pick like it normally is.

Add O'reilly to the Flames and suddenly they're not a bottom feeding team.

One thing to note though, is that the Flames and Avs won't be divisional rivals next season if realignment goes according to plan.

Sundin, Ballard, Kassian. Those were bold moves. Then there was the failed offer sheet for Backes, the offer sheet for Bernier and the Booth trade, as well as the Hamhuis, Garrison and Malhotra signings.

Perhaps you're wishing Gillis made as many bold moves as every other GM combined, as I assume your mind naturally lumps all other teams together as "other" versus the Canucks as "us".

If you add up Gillis' bold moves and compare that number to the totals of other single GMs, I bet you'll find he's made a competitive number of bold moves..

It's trying to improve your team, It has worked for the Oilers when the got Penner out of Anaheim, it can work..

Do you think Holmgrem gave a crap about the GMs he'd pissed off when he offer sheet Weber? no.

Whats the worst thing that could happen? Neuwendyk gets his feelings hurt and never call back MG? please..

How has MG's 'patience' worked so far? still no 3rd line center and no top 6 forward.

He was hired what 4 years ago now? Things have changed. We missed the playoffs that year and yes bold moves were needed. Now? If we had signed Benn it would've costed us a 1st 2nd and 3rd. Our prospect pool is not exactly deep and we need to think about our medium future 3 to 5 years from now.

MG was lucky Sundin didnt accept the 2 years 20m or else our cap would've been screwed. That count as a bold signing but easily could've turned into a stupid one if he accepted the 2 years.

Ballard is a bold move? no that was a bad trade. There was no reason to do that deal in the first place, he was pressured to make a splash that draft year.

Kassian - This one is an OK move, Hodgson wanted out, but this does not count as 'bold'.

We will not be a Edmonton this year, this team is too good to be in the bottom of the leauge, so that 1st is like an early 2nd round pick.

Benn is only 23 years old and plays like a seasoned NHL vet, Id rather have Benn than wait for that 1st rounder to develop in the next 3-4 years.

Archived