The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Offer Sheet] Flames offer sheet Ryan O'Reilly

PlayStation

honestly, I don't see the Aves trading him in a year. Its gonna be a 6.5 million paycheck, a qualifying offer on the 6.5 million contract year, with the cap on the decline, I think there will be less teams able and willing to do the trade, and the Aves are still gonna look for the deal that's not out there. I think the Flames may have Luongo'd the Aves

Entertaining thread.

Not sure if the funniest parts are "why doesn't MG make bold moves like this?" (uh, capspace is why) - or the fact that Feaster just keeps on keeping on being the dumbest GM in the NHL.

Yeah, yeah, O'Reilly is sliced bread and all that - but seriously - throwing 6.5 million at youngsters who have three seasons in the NHL and just hit the 100 point mark. Asinine. This kid has earned a bigger cap hit than the Sedins?

Folks here are whining about MG? Wow.

The most ridiculous part of all of this - yes it gets even more ridiculous - is that Murray Edwards was apparently one of the hardliners in the CBA negotiations.

Calgary just trumped the Wild in terms of dumbass contradictions.

Edit: apparently there was an even more ridiculous aspect - he may have been subject to waivers LOL!

So how stupid does Calgary look now? Turns out because he played in Russia, if they Av's let him go, O'Reilly would have to clear waivers, where you know someone would have picked him up. So the Flames would have thrown away 2 draft picks for nothing!

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=417108

Good thing the Canucks didn't make an offer sheet huh?

So how stupid does Calgary look now? Turns out because he played in Russia, if they Av's let him go, O'Reilly would have to clear waivers, where you know someone would have picked him up. So the Flames would have thrown away 2 draft picks for nothing!

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=417108

Good thing the Canucks didn't make an offer sheet huh?

Entertaining thread.

Not sure if the funniest parts are "why doesn't MG make bold moves like this?" (uh, capspace is why) - or the fact that Feaster just keeps on keeping on being the dumbest GM in the NHL.

Yeah, yeah, O'Reilly is sliced bread and all that - but seriously - throwing 6.5 million at youngsters who have three seasons in the NHL and just hit the 100 point mark. Asinine. This kid has earned a bigger cap hit than the Sedins?

The most ridiculous part of all of this - yes it gets even more ridiculous - is that Murray Edwards was apparently one of the hardliners in the CBA negotiations.

Entertaining thread.

Edit: apparently there was an even more ridiculous aspect - he may have been subject to waivers LOL!

This waiver news is an absolute shocker. I would not be surpised at all if Feaster doesn't last beyond this season as GM. I cannot see how Flames ownership can go ahead with full confidence in Feaster's ability to run the team successfully after this bonehead move. Had Colorado taken the compensation, there would have been no doubt that some team would have claimed him on waivers. I think it's safe to say that Feaster is done in Calgary.

I feel sorry for Flames fans - and almost thankful that they didn't get what they wished for - if they had lost O'Reilly to waivers, what a crushing blow to them - they already desperately need their picks going forward - that would have vaulted Feaster past Milbury into the poll position of all time worst deal makers...

Archived