The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Offer Sheet] Flames offer sheet Ryan O'Reilly

PlayStation

COL should've let him go

When they say he has to be qualified at 6.5M does that mean a cap hit of 6.5M or can they give him a front loaded offer with the first year paying 6.5 and rest decreasing based on the max allowed in the new CBA giving a lower cap hit

I don't know what team is elite then.

By your description of "Elite" you just described the Carolina Hurricanes.

All of their wins are outside their division and they have won a cup.

Do you see the flaw in your logic?

They were somewhat "elite" the year they won - but IMHO they were just lucky.

Agreed, they are not "elite" now.

Bruins and Hawks can be considered "elite" so far this year.

2011, the Canucks were somewhat "elite" - but not good enough - now if they had returned to the SCF the following year instead of losing in the first round - and won, then yes, I would consider them to be elite.

The Oilers in the 80's were Elite, the Islanders, the Canadians in the 70's...the Flyers for a couple of years...

Elite is a team that can repeat - repeat winning.

Yes, we won the "president's" trophy but not the ultimate prize.

I don't consider the Bruins elite at all. Put them in the West and they have a worse record.

They won 16 games, we won 15 games. It came down to a game 7 and they also lost in the 1st round last season.

You keep creating your own definition of "Elite".

How are the Hawks elite this year when they have lost to us in the 1st round and Phoenix in the 1st round last year.

By your latest definition that means they aren't elite, as they haven't repeated winning after 2010.

They haven't lost a game in regulation yet so they are the "elite" team so far.

My money is they lose in the first if not the 2nd round.

What have we done? Beat the Flames? We have only 4 wins against "playoff" teams at the moment - that is, teams that are currently in a playoff spot and 7 losses (I'm counting OT losses - cause they aren't wins).

Those "playoff teams have scored 42 goals against us out of the 52 we have let in.

We have only 32 against those teams.

We have out scored everyone else 22-10, but against other contenders, we are losing big time.

Do you see what I'm saying?

Not at all since you are contradicting yourself.

You said teams like the Oilers in the 80's and Islanders when they were piling up cups were elite because they repeatedly won.

Well Chicago hasn't done that, so they aren't elite. But you say they are because they are winning this year.

But the Canucks have won games this season against the Ducks and are 1-0-1 vs the Chicago Blackhawks. Those are the top 2 teams in the conference and the Canucks have a winning record against them.

I'll say this again, the Canucks are elite. Just like they were last year, the year before, and the year before that.

Avs got trolled. They had to match it.

vhuuwx.jpg

Why isnt the Canucks doing something like this? Is MG still alive or on vacation?

We could've offersheeted Benn and erase any secondary scoring questions..

Dallas would've have matched but atleast its an attempt to make the team better, MG are you paying attention??

Still waiting on the 'bold moves' MG promised us when he was hired..

Archived