The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Premier Christy Clark apologizes

Sapper

Looks like someone is still drinking the kool-aid Christy is serving up to the faithful.

Maybe I should drink some too. Then maybe the kool-aid will magically transport me away from all the current scandals in the BC Liberal government back into time.

Yes, magically transport me 2 decades ago when Dix forged a memo. Ah yes, I can see it all now. Dix is the boogeyman, back dating memos...ah yes!

And the unethical corruption of the BC Liberal government and it's great leader Christy Clark, yes the same Christy Clark who was involved in the BC Rail scandal...

Search warrants were executed at several locations in addition to the BC Legislature. The Vancouver home office of Erik Bornmann, the Vancouver home of Bruce Clark (brother of Christy Clark) The RCMP also attended Ms. Clark's home that she shared with her ex-husband Mark Marissen.

http://en.wikipedia....gislature_Raids

... is still decades away.

I'm still waiting to see if the RCMP get involved in this latest scandal.

The issue that has arisen here is purely ethical. They didn't do anything illegal, it's just the fact that the things they had planned to do were not sincere. They were purely political and that is why it is so embarrassing to the party. Trying to secure the ethnic vote is not only a good idea but it's necessary. Too bad that the conduct as the leaks have shown were nothing more than self serving rather than being done to accept responsibility.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/story/2013/03/03/bc-premier-christy-clark-cabinet-meeting-ethnic-vote.html

Eighteen Liberal cabinet ministers have gathered to meet with Premier Christy Clark at an emergency cabinet meeting in Vancouver.

The embattled B.C. premier is expected to make a statement to the media after the meeting, which is expected to last a few hours.

Clark called the meeting so she could speak to her team for the first time since a scandal erupted over a leaked plan to woo ethnic voters.

Some Liberal caucus members have resigned and openly criticized Clark over the proposed strategy. On Friday the premier was forced to accept the resignation of her deputy chief of staff, Kim Haakstad.

More than 100 B.C. Liberal party members called for the resignation of embattled B.C. Premier Christy Clark at a breakfast meeting in Surrey Sunday morning.

Members at the meeting said Clark must resign in order for the party to stage a comeback in time for the May provincial election.

"She must step forward, show her leadership qualities and resign," said Vikram Bajwa, a former mayoral candidate in Surrey who attended the Sunday morning meeting.

But on Sunday, some Liberals arriving at the emergency cabinet meeting said they still support the premier.

"I'm not going to run with anybody but Christy Clark," said Bill Bennett, MLA for Kootenay East.

The leaked documents were written by Haakstad in January 2012, urging the Liberals to co-ordinate resources – including some funded by taxpayers – to focus on winning over ethnic voters. It was leaked last week by the NDP.

Clark issued a letter of apology which was read during question period on Thursday but she herself wasn't in the house.

Sunday's emergency meeting in Vancouver will be her first chance to clear the air with her cabinet before the legislature resumes Monday.

****************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Although no where in that post or story does the name of the NDP or dix appear I am sure we will see more from the right who seems to beleive that Dix's sins absolve all - aka ... that he is Jesus. Now I like the guy and all but even I don't think the guys Jesus and nor do I think that since the BC Liberals have done wrong that it would ever absolve them of any future wrongs ... but eh that's just my opinion

http://www.vancouversun.com/entertainment/movie-guide/Indo+Canadian+Liberals+Clark+made+ethnic+vote+joke+call+resignation/8042762/story.html

From that article is the following

"A news release Sunday says 89 members of the party from Surrey decided to call for Clark’s resignation over her decision to spend taxpayer dollars on the Times of India Film Awards, “which has no relevance in B.C. economy, culture or adaptation.”

This is something that I had not seen brought into this scandal until this article - but 11 million+ on it? Could be problomatic spending in light of this

Pretty sure that apologizing no matter how unethically it is done is not an actual offense. If the argument is that it would cost taxpayers money and could be construed as political spending. But that harm will be argued as side effect rather than what was being done. No one can tell them not to apologize just because it could pick them up votes. So ethically ugly but not illegal

Looks like someone is still drinking the kool-aid Christy is serving up to the faithful.

Maybe I should drink some too. Then maybe the kool-aid will magically transport me away from all the current scandals in the BC Liberal government back into time.

Yes, magically transport me 2 decades ago when Dix forged a memo. Ah yes, I can see it all now. Dix is the boogeyman, back dating memos...ah yes!

And the unethical corruption of the BC Liberal government and it's great leader Christy Clark, yes the same Christy Clark who was involved in the BC Rail scandal...

Search warrants were executed at several locations in addition to the BC Legislature. The Vancouver home office of Erik Bornmann, the Vancouver home of Bruce Clark (brother of Christy Clark) The RCMP also attended Ms. Clark's home that she shared with her ex-husband Mark Marissen.

http://en.wikipedia....gislature_Raids

... is still decades away.

I'm still waiting to see if the RCMP get involved in this latest scandal.

It really is a separate issue but I'll post it here

CBC is reporting that the bc liberals have called an emergency cabinet meeting for today at 4pm

http://www.cbc.ca/ne...thnic-vote.html

And on the province they are saying its not an emergency meeting - just an extra called planning session before they meet the next day as planned.

http://www.theprovin...1749/story.html

Install collective amnesia as to what the effect their policies tend to have on the province?

Mind you, that the public was riled up to kill the HST by Bill Vanderzalm of all people shows just how short a memory the people of this province have. Not saying that BC is a bunch of pot smoking space cadets, but it's sure hard to argue with the facts on the ground.

Archived