goneforever

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:06 PM

POPULAR

I'm a little concerned.
  • Ryan Kesler will be out again for weeks with a foot injury.
  • Bieksa day-to-day with a groin injury.
  • Volpatti has been snapped up by the Washington Capitals day after being put on waivers.
  • Malhotra has been forced into early retirement.
  • After strong start, Kassian has been put on 4th line and given less ice time. Doesn't seem happy.
  • Schneider not too happy about having to share #1 spot and his performance is slipping.
  • Luongo's performance might be slipping as well.
Have I missed anything?

All this adds up to a Canucks team that appears to be falling apart at the seams at a time when it should be getting it's sh*t together. The Playoffs are not that far away. Is team management getting sloppy? If so, who's to blame, Gillis or Vigneault?

Or do you think I'm overracting and that this is nothing out of the ordinary? After all, Canucks are still in the League Top 10 despite some dismal games.

#2 MayRayDown

MayRayDown

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,356 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:09 PM

no

#3 Salo'sBomb

Salo'sBomb

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:09 PM

yes

#4 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,713 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:10 PM

POPULAR

I'm not a fan of how AV is handling Kassian right now, 6 mins on the 4th line does nothing but hurt his confidence.

Gillis hasn't done anything good since our cup run.

We'll make the playoffs easily since were in the weakest division ever so I doubt there will be many changes, I expect to be out in the 2nd round, if we even make it that far.

Posted Image

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#5 Nas19

Nas19

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:12 PM

POPULAR

Jesus tits people. We're 10-5-4. That's one of our best starts to a season that I can remember. God damn do people need to calm their ****.

#6 Riviera82

Riviera82

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,554 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:13 PM

Assuming we even make the playoffs (yes there is a chance the division could slip away from us), I dont see this team going anywhere unless we face teams that are in an equal or worse state of disarray.

Gillis should replace all or some of the coaching staff and trade Luongo for whatever help he can get and soon.

#7 CanuckianOne

CanuckianOne

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,403 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:14 PM

POPULAR

Jesus tits people. We're 10-5-4. That's one of our best starts to a season that I can remember. God damn do people need to calm their ****.

It's still 10 wins and 9 losses. Even if they are in OT or a shootout. It's still a loss.

If this team is healthy and playing to their potential they're amazing. They're not either right now.

Edited by CanuckianOne, 28 February 2013 - 06:16 PM.

g3HKFnX.png

#8 BedBeats™2.0

BedBeats™2.0

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,310 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:14 PM

Rad.

Says it all.

Posted Image

Henrik breaking records.Kes approving.

#9 Nas19

Nas19

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:17 PM

It's still 10 wins and 9 loses. Even if they are in OT or a shootout. It's still a loss.

If this team is healthy and playing to their potential they're amazing. They're not either right now

Which should say A LOT. We're not playing that well right now and we're still 10-5-4. People are freaking the hell out for no reason. Since January 28th, exactly ONE MONTH ago, the Canucks have only not gotten points in THREE games. People need to settle down.

#10 BananaMash

BananaMash

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,073 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:20 PM

POPULAR

No, but the fans sure are.

Posted Image

#11 RyanKeslord17

RyanKeslord17

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:20 PM

POPULAR

It's not really about their record, it's how they're playing which is dissapointing
Posted Image

#12 CanuckianOne

CanuckianOne

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,403 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:22 PM

Which should say A LOT. We're not playing that well right now and we're still 10-5-4. People are freaking the hell out for no reason. Since January 28th, exactly ONE MONTH ago, the Canucks have only not gotten points in THREE games. People need to settle down.

I agree that people are overreacting, but it's still concerning. That isn't going to be good enough for the playoffs. Look what happened last season.

g3HKFnX.png

#13 Scottish⑦Canuck

Scottish⑦Canuck

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,781 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:23 PM

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#14 fourminute

fourminute

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:25 PM

columbus soon be better than vancouver ! im scared ! :unsure:
Posted Image

#15 Common sense

Common sense

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,679 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:26 PM

Assuming we even make the playoffs (yes there is a chance the division could slip away from us), I dont see this team going anywhere unless we face teams that are in an equal or worse state of disarray.

And I beg of you to give me a team that can actually beat the Canucks for the NW standing.

#16 zoner.

zoner.

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts

It's not really about their record, it's how they're playing which is dissapointing

This is what people are failing to understand. We may be winning and getting points, but we aren't deserving the wins or the points. I I think I'd rather they play to the level we've seen they are capable of playing and LOSE than get a point because we scored a couple lucky goals late. At least in that situation we can say that the bounces will start going our way eventually, but the team doesn't even deserve that right now.
Posted Image

#17 BedBeats™2.0

BedBeats™2.0

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,310 posts

Usually the public whine about superfluous matters in what they think the team needs (oops its what opinion they actually steal from the crappy local sports media.).

My major gripe, and has been for the last 3-4 years is actually having a consistently healthy team for a change. Of course injuries are a part of the game, and the organization has made due. But man, i daydream what could have been had it not been for key injuries.

Posted Image

Henrik breaking records.Kes approving.

#18 TheTruthHurts

TheTruthHurts

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:45 PM

Luongo's performance is amazing. I don't know what you are talking about.

#19 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,125 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:48 PM

I'm a little concerned.

• Ryan Kesler will be out again for weeks with a foot injury.
  • Bieksa day-to-day with a groin injury.
  • Volpatti has been snapped up by the Washington Capitals day after being put on waivers.
  • Malhotra has been forced into early retirement.
  • After strong start, Kassian has been put on 4th line and given less ice time. Doesn't seem happy.
  • Schneider not too happy about having to share #1 spot and his performance is slipping.
  • Luongo's performance might be slipping as well.
Have I missed anything?

All this adds up to a Canucks team that appears to be falling apart at the seams at a time when it should be getting it's sh*t together. The Playoffs are not that far away. Is team management getting sloppy? If so, who's to blame, Gillis or Vigneault?

Or do you think I'm overracting and that this is nothing out of the ordinary? After all, Canucks are still in the League Top 10 despite some dismal games.

AV is clearly mismanaging Kassian as verified by .. who was it on Sportsnet the other night during the intermission? The difference in Kassian's numbers are night and day when given fourth line minutes vs top six minutes.
Posted Image

#20 Bob Singh

Bob Singh

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,014 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:04 PM

So Luongo loses one game and you think his performance is falling apart? no. just no.
Posted Image
Credit for "Great Save Luongo" sig goes to -Vintage Canuck-
Credit for Olympic sig goes to Motzaburger.

#21 The Bookie

The Bookie

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,752 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:05 PM

Isn't this just a point form list of Gallagher's hysteria yesterday?

#22 Kimberley Dynamiter 91-96

Kimberley Dynamiter 91-96

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:10 PM

Nas19 and others...

We are 6-0-1 in our week division but 4-5-3 outside our division... So I don't see how this is good in any way besides getting seeded high (home ice). We are not falling apart but lets be real here, we have a lot of work to do.

#23 BurnabyJoe

BurnabyJoe

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,361 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:10 PM

The Canucks are playing very bland hockey, the scary part is that they've been playing this way since the beginning of last season.

They don't play with much jump on most nights and to me lack passion.

I'd hate to see Vigneault go just because the team has "tuned him out", but I want to win a Stanley Cup.

Look at what late-season coaching changes did for the Penguins and I swear there are a couple more recent examples.
http://i8.photobucke...e/canucks40.jpg <- Jim Robson's 40th Anniversary Team.

#24 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,713 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:16 PM

AV is clearly mismanaging Kassian as verified by .. who was it on Sportsnet the other night during the intermission? The difference in Kassian's numbers are night and day when given fourth line minutes vs top six minutes.

I think Valk? He was saying that it looks like they don't know what to do with him.

First Cody, now Kassian the player we traded Cody for.... was it really Cody who had the problem or AV and Kesler?

It's clear AV isn't good with prospects when they make a mistake, I rarely see JS make a mistake which is why he gets so much ice time, I think he can probably do more offensively but he doesn't want to end up making mistakes and end up where Kassian is.

Posted Image

#25 Riviera82

Riviera82

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,554 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:19 PM

And I beg of you to give me a team that can actually beat the Canucks for the NW standing.

It's unlikely but Minnesota is only 4 points behind with a game in hand as of today.

#26 gradin123

gradin123

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,093 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:25 PM

10-5-4 is a fancy way of saying 10-9.

Barely over 500. HArdly one of the Canucks best starts ever.

#27 gradin123

gradin123

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,093 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:26 PM

It's unlikely but Minnesota is only 4 points behind with a game in hand as of today.

Why is it unlikely. Minnesota is more talented than the Canucks right now. Minnesota will win the division.

#28 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,713 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:28 PM

10-5-4 is a fancy way of saying 10-9.

Barely over 500. HArdly one of the Canucks best starts ever.

lol, I don't know if people realize that the "4" are losses as well when they post our record saying how great we are doing, add to that most of our wins are against our weak ass division with the goalies bailing us out.

Doesn't look too promising to me!

Edited by TheGame., 28 February 2013 - 07:29 PM.

Posted Image

#29 Grapefruits

Grapefruits

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,258 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:31 PM

Not that great considering we play in arguably the weakest division in the NHL. Lets face facts, this team is still floundering in the sames issues that plagued it this time last year, and we were knocked out in the first round.

2yyb7lj.jpg

#30 EagleShield

EagleShield

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:33 PM

Yes OP. We should tank the season and go after the 1st overall pick. :bigblush:

This. TBH, I'd nearly prefer to play well and miss the playoffs than be so frustrated watching a team play well below a level I know they're capable of.

^^ These

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.