The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Are Canucks Falling Apart?

goneforever

No, just some of the trials and tribulations that hockey teams face at any given time.

This team does know how to adjust and is fairly resillient...they've been juggled around a lot already so have some versatility.

I believe "what doesn't break you" comes into play to some degree.

Who ever thinks we don't have problems is delusional..

For all those thinking we have a easy division and should have no problem, look again as all the so called less taleted teams are knocking on our door... Calgary is last and only away by six points, Colorado within 5, Edmonton within 4 and Minnesota within 2...

Only the top of the division is safe as all teams are very competitive and pretty much all of them have a fair chance to the playoffs.

I don't think it's quite the time to panic, but can't call this a easy route to at least the playoffs...

Were softer with Volpatti's departure, were still controversial about the goaltending, our d is fairly shaky, our forwards are inconsistent, our pp is and has been lacking for over a year now and the pk is not much better ...

Now with Kesler out for a possible month and a half. The lines will be shuffled like no other and any chemistry will be once again compromised once kesler comes back.

The Canucks are playing very bland hockey, the scary part is that they've been playing this way since the beginning of last season.

They don't play with much jump on most nights and to me lack passion.

I'd hate to see Vigneault go just because the team has "tuned him out", but I want to win a Stanley Cup.

Look at what late-season coaching changes did for the Penguins and I swear there are a couple more recent examples.

I'm also concerned because Gillis is the kind of GM who seems content to just sit on his arse and do f**k all, like there's no problems. No trades, no signings, no call ups, no nothing. We totally bombed out against LA and all that's changed is that we got Garrison and lost Salo and Rome. We've got glaring holes that need to be fixed but nothing is happening. Its so frustrating to watch this.

I'm also concerned because Gillis is the kind of GM who is too seems content to just sit on his arse and do f**k all, like there's no problems. No trades, no signings, no call ups, no nothing. We totally bombed out against LA and all that's changed is that we got Garrison and lost Salo and Rome. We've got glaring holes that need to be fixed but nothing is happening. Its so frustrating to watch this.

I'm a little concerned.

• Ryan Kesler will be out again for weeks with a foot injury.

• Bieksa day-to-day with a groin injury.

• Volpatti has been snapped up by the Washington Capitals day after being put on waivers.

• Malhotra has been forced into early retirement.

• After strong start, Kassian has been put on 4th line and given less ice time. Doesn't seem happy.

• Schneider not too happy about having to share #1 spot and his performance is slipping.

• Luongo's performance might be slipping as well.

Have I missed anything?

All this adds up to a Canucks team that appears to be falling apart at the seams at a time when it should be getting it's sh*t together. The Playoffs are not that far away. Is team management getting sloppy? If so, who's to blame, Gillis or Vigneault?

Or do you think I'm overracting and that this is nothing out of the ordinary? After all, Canucks are still in the League Top 10 despite some dismal games.

Hey, if we weren't panicking after a two dozen or so games, we wouldn't be Canucks fans now would we! The reason I brought these points up (which as someone pointed out were mentioned in a Province article by Gallagher) is because it seems like the Canucks have been battered through a full season already even though it's been a shortened season.

But then again, look at the LA Kings last year. They got their sh*t together late in the season and just barely squeaked into the Playoffs as other teams were starting to fall apart, and BLAMMO! They win the Stanley Cup. So, as Judy Tenuda would say, "it could happen" for the Canucks, too. Maybe.

Unfortunately the LA Kings are just starting to show signs of getting their mojo back. The game on Saturday between Kings and Canucks will be very telling.

Tom Sestito has just been added to the lineup as #29, the next Aaron Rome. I wonder if this will be any improvement over Peppermint Volpatti.

Hockey wouldn't be a lot of fun if EVERYTHING went as planned/desired. The beautiful thing about sports is that it's unpredictable and anything can happen.

The Canucks aren't playing well, they're struggling a bit through adversity with injuries and lack of chemistry. We have seen this team in A LOT worse shape, and they have battled through it. We have the same core and the same coach there's no reason why this team can't be top 5 in the NHL again.

It may not be fun to watch right now, but i assure you, they will find their game, and they will dominate once again.

Hockey wouldn't be a lot of fun if EVERYTHING went as planned/desired. The beautiful thing about sports is that it's unpredictable and anything can happen.

The Canucks aren't playing well, they're struggling a bit through adversity with injuries and lack of chemistry. We have seen this team in A LOT worse shape, and they have battled through it. We have the same core and the same coach there's no reason why this team can't be top 5 in the NHL again.

It may not be fun to watch right now, but i assure you, they will find their game, and they will dominate once again.

Archived