The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Trade Panic?

UFTcan

When we already had a goalie to deal with no imminent trade destination clear. Now we have a huge hole in center.

So the question I ask is have we lost all trade leverage???

Every team out there knows we are extremely desperate, and we dont really have much to stand on as in demanding the quality back we need. Feels like we missed a big opportunity, and our rate on return will be severely diminished do to our now desperate situation.

Did we miss a lucrative window of opportunity?

We are not desperate.

We've had that huge hole for most of the abbreviated season and have manged to come through fairly unscathed. Nothing much has changed...there's no missing a window of opportunity if the opportunities didn't present themselves.

so we were 6-0 without kes

just so everyone knows , long as our d pulls there heads out of there asses and starts to play better we'll be fine

the only reason i would want a trade made before the deadline would be to give cory a legit run , without luo there , scary for us but needed for cory to succeed

gillis's hand is only forced if he chooses to make a trade now , if he just waits till the trade deadline he'll get good value

in the end the teams going after luo , need him more then we need anything back i know canucks fans seem to think otherwise but its true

Id love to see us make a big trade, but Gillis hasnt shown us any signs of "trade panic" in the past, and I doubt that any short term circumstances will change any long term goals.

If the right deal comes along (according to him), he'll make it.... if not, he's said multipul times that he's happy with what he's got. that being said, i would be somewhat suprised if the trade deadline passed without any movement.

lol desperate the avs just matched calgary's offersheet for ror which means they can't trade him for a year and his next contract will be min 6.5mill. Lol sure glad MG didn't make that offer ROR isn't worth 6.5 mill so...... the avs just matched an offer that screws them over in a season and a half. Personally I think they should have taken the 1st and the 3rd because they would have been so much better off in a season or 2. Calgary's 1st will be a top 10 for sure. if not top 5.

We are not desperate.

We've had that huge hole for most of the abbreviated season and have manged to come through fairly unscathed. Nothing much has changed...there's no missing a window of opportunity if the opportunities didn't present themselves.

I am not sure how the whole Volpatti situation has everyone in a tailspin.

Options we have include:

1) A goalie trade. I just think it msy not happen till the off-season. Yes, I think Lou will be traded, but part of me thinks he is willing to hang around because this team is still a contender

2) A player trade near trade deadline. Several teams will be in fire sale mode, and may be willing to trade off salary.

3) Free agency. Free agent centers include Dominic Moore, Daymond Langkow, Jason Arnott, Brendan Morrison, Jeremy Colliton, Patrick Rissmiller and Blair Betts off the top of my head.

Right Wing, another area we are weak in, Radek Dvorak, Trent Hunter, and, lol Byron Bitz

Just saying there are guys available in a pinch without selling the farm

Probably go back to Burrows in the middle, and kassian with the twin. We have seen it work already this season. Gillis has leverage until the summer when the cap will likely force him to make a move or drop other players (ballard and booth unless they both cement themselves as 4 million dollars players). Kesler gets back in a month and we once again become one of the deepest teams in the NHL. He makes a few moves like he did these past trade deadlines bringing in some 3/4 line talent and the canucks dont really have anything to worry about

this is so incorrect.

the canucks are buyers this trade tradeline. 29 teams know what they have to offer, and what they want from them. Canucks have 2 options...stay pat and get bounced in the first or second round again, or make a move. Problem is, they have no leverage, no prospects, and besides schneider and the sedins, no trade baits.

Whether you would like to believe it or not, the canucks are desperate. They are being exposed in the WC, and the only reason they have a winning record is due to 4 teams in the division being even worse than them.

MG definitely lost any leverage he had. Every team will be ready to lowball.

Archived