The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Are we gun shy to pull the trigger on deals.

CanuckleHorse

Gillis has a lot of difficulty making good trades. His biggest trades have crippled this team. He's the reason the current team is struggling and our future looks bleak with a lack of quality prospects.

He started off OK but has been going downhill since he traded away Grabner and a first for Ballard. He's transformed the highest scoring team in the league to what we have now

...and then he lets Volpatti go for nothing when we desperately need more grit.

Good GMs don't find it hard to consistently make trades that work out.

Oh for sure...its not like the seventies when I traded hockey cards....BUT when a team gains players that the Nux could have easily grabbed its hard to have faith in our GM...

no. he is not gun shy. you have to assume he will make a deal with one of the goalies. and he did make the Kassian trade which was unpopular: ergo he has made a trade that nobody liked at the time, and he will be making one that people might or might not like.

if he does care about the media and fan image when he makes moves, he needs to be fired. 1st and foremost should be quality of the trade, and the rest eventually takes care of itself

no. he is not gun shy. you have to assume he will make a deal with one of the goalies. and he did make the Kassian trade which was unpopular: ergo he has made a trade that nobody liked at the time, and he will be making one that people might or might not like.

if he does care about the media and fan image when he makes moves, he needs to be fired. 1st and foremost should be quality of the trade, and the rest eventually takes care of itself

Also if I had been MG and heard Van Reimsdyk was available I would have made it happen. It is not that players are not available so much as Gillis can't prioritise his roster to get them.

Of course you have to give something good up but MG seems to think he can't part with anyone.

Lu for 1st

Kesler for 1st +

Booth,. higgins for 1st

Bieksa for 1st

Hamhuis for 1st +

Garrison for 1st

make them waive their ntc's

add that to canucks' 1st = 7 1st rd picks in deep draft. Window is now, this core aint getting any younger or better. If Gillis cant get them over the hump then its better to tank. Cup or Bust! As it stands right now this team won't go all the way; maybe 2nd rd or conf finals but that should be considered a big failure.

Would prefer not to tank, so Gillis it is up to you to make this team wayy better by deadline. If not then just build for the future and don't settle for 2nd rd or conf finals appearance!

Canucks dont go all the way and next year they are stuck with aging sedins, injury prone kesler, aging defensemen in bieksa and hamhuis while other teams' younger superstars will hit their prime.

Also stuck with overpaid players in booth, ballard, garrison.

Bottom line the Aquellinis are Happy and the Canucks are making money. Selling the future for a cup run does not make sense when you can continue winning pres trophies and filling the arena selling merch and advert time. of course the fan in me wants a cup but the buisness man in me says stay the course were one of the richest teams in the league just by continuing to make the playoffs and being a great regular season team. Hey beats being a leafs fan.

Bottom line the Aquellinis are Happy and the Canucks are making money. Selling the future for a cup run does not make sense when you can continue winning pres trophies and filling the arena selling merch and advert time. of course the fan in me wants a cup but the buisness man in me says stay the course were one of the richest teams in the league just by continuing to make the playoffs and being a great regular season team. Hey beats being a leafs fan.

Archived