The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Are we gun shy to pull the trigger on deals.

CanuckleHorse

If Kesler isn't hurt, no one even thinks twice about the Hodgson trade.

As for Grabner, since his trade:

Grabner: He has averaged 44 points/season

Raymond: He has averaged 39 points/season

(despite Raymonds major injury)

These guys play similar minutes, PK/PP/Total TOI

So I mean, Grabner is pretty comparable to Mason Raymond...

Yet we say "shoulda kept Grabner" and fans are super eager to trade Raymond...

I would say Grabs and Raymond are comparable players, with Grabber the better sniper,while the defensive edge goes to Mason. Also, his ability to come back (after such a serious injury ) and improve his game, shows a lot of character and determination that I can't really attribute to Grabner.

i think mg is a crappy gm, only good move he had was trading for higgins, dont say hamhuis because so many teams offered him contracts and the only reason he came here was because hes a BC boy and wanted to play at home, its not like gillis pulled any magic to get him

It's funny how some people on this thread just say he should have done this and that like they know what the future held at the time and that it's simply a question of asking another GM for a trade and they immediately oblige. Using hindsight is the marque trademark of Canuck fans.

Well a just a season or so ago Colorado grabbed Eric Johnson for Shatenkirk (thought to be the seetener) and Stewart. They had Pietroangelo, so had depth to let go a defender, a former #1 overall pick, and they pulled the trigger!

Trades do happen when GM's are on top of their line up. The Cole / Ryder swap is a perfect example; RW size for LW scoring. Each team filling a void by trading from strength. Albeit off season; Philly trades Richards to make room for Giroux who becomes an MVP candidate. L.A. trades a surplus in prospects for a veteran hand at centre. The key is surplus for needs!

MG has 5 LW capable of playing Top 6 minutes...

MG has 4 Left D capable of playing Top 4 minutes.

MG desperately needs a right side D and two forwards (1 centre and 1 RW in some combination of play maker and big forward who can score). *Note; previous 4th line needs woould be taken care of via Sestito, Pinnizotto's return and possibly players like Higgins falling to the 4th if trades do acquire two forwards.

Lets even ignore the question of goalie depth...

Throughout the season the only trade of real substance (that I can immediately think of) is the Ryder/Cole swap.

People act like good players move daily...

MG has 5 LW capable of playing Top 6 minutes...

MG has 4 Left D capable of playing Top 4 minutes.

MG desperately needs a right side D and two forwards (1 centre and 1 RW in some combination of play maker and big forward who can score).

Lets even ignore the question of goalie depth...

MG desperately needs a right side D and two forwards (1 centre and 1 RW in some combination of play maker and big forward who can score). *Note; previous 4th line needs woould be taken care of via Sestito, Pinnizotto's return and possibly players like Higgins falling to the 4th if trades do acquire two forwards.

Hard to make trades in any pro sports league.

Not really too many dumb GM's which means you can't really win any trade unless it's a sleeper player.

You have to give something up if you want to get something in return.

I thought for sure that the Canucks would have dealt some people by now. Maybe GMMG is shy because of the CoHo trade which was just a bad move. (Yes i'm beating a dead horse)

Hard to make trades in any pro sports league.

Not really too many dumb GM's which means you can't really win any trade unless it's a sleeper player.

You have to give something up if you want to get something in return.

I thought for sure that the Canucks would have dealt some people by now. Maybe GMMG is shy because of the CoHo trade which was just a bad move. (Yes i'm beating a dead horse)

Archived