Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VanCityCanuck14

AV Should be fired

15 posts in this topic

First off I want to say I will not endlessly bash AV for no reason. Instead I will present facts as to why I think his tenure here should end.

Second I want to commend him for his many years of service as well.

AV is not a good coach let's be perfectly honest, He has hid behind Luongo, Sedins, Kesler and the others for quite some time. Ever since that Boston game last season we have lacked heart, determination and that fire in our bellies. We have addressed almost every glaring hole in our lineup; goaltending, defense, offense (somewhat, top 6 forward would be nice) and grit slightly (Volpatti going down was a horrible decision, Weise may have been a better choice) I really want to address this heart issue, we have none. We look like we do not care out there. I think that reflects on the coach for not injecting them with determination.

Secondly, this diving needs to stop. Our coach by now should have cut that out. It is so ridiculous. We have refs against us because of this. They deliberately do not make calls because our team is full of people who keep doing it and our coach watches it.

Lastly every playoff series he is out coached. Julien, Quenville are two that painfully out coach him.

I think it is time for a change behind the bench so that we can spark the team. The tools are there (although again a top 6 PWF or Sniper would be nice) to win. He has had 6 years of chances and now I think we need to hire someone else.

I agree. While AV has been part of the Canucks rise to contention, he is not the sole reason. Far from it.

The sooner Gillis can grow a set of balls and let him go, the better. In my opinion, the players have tuned him out after being grilled by him in the media one too may times. He lacks the tact that a truly great head coach has.

First off I want to say I will not endlessly bash AV for no reason. Instead I will present facts as to why I think his tenure here should end.

Second I want to commend him for his many years of service as well.

AV is not a good coach let's be perfectly honest, He has hid behind Luongo, Sedins, Kesler and the others for quite some time. Ever since that Boston game last season we have lacked heart, determination and that fire in our bellies. We have addressed almost every glaring hole in our lineup; goaltending, defense, offense (somewhat, top 6 forward would be nice) and grit slightly (Volpatti going down was a horrible decision, Weise may have been a better choice) I really want to address this heart issue, we have none. We look like we do not care out there. I think that reflects on the coach for not injecting them with determination.

Secondly, this diving needs to stop. Our coach by now should have cut that out. It is so ridiculous. We have refs against us because of this. They deliberately do not make calls because our team is full of people who keep doing it and our coach watches it.

Lastly every playoff series he is out coached. Julien, Quenville are two that painfully out coach him.

I think it is time for a change behind the bench so that we can spark the team. The tools are there (although again a top 6 PWF or Sniper would be nice) to win. He has had 6 years of chances and now I think we need to hire someone else.

I agree, but Gillis doesn't have the balls to do it.

Great honest post, +1.

I agree 100%, enough is enough, this is getting ridiculous!

General Hockey Discussion? Isn't this Canucks Talk? Also, there's been like 40 threads on this in the past three weeks or so.

Maybe they can keep Melanson....he has done a pretty goood job with the goalies overall But it would probably be better to go new.

To someone saying Torts, I absolutely agree. He would be a great spark for us with his "see it as it is" demeanor and emotional outbursts. I also wouldn't mind Ruff, but that's about it. I'd fire Bowness if the defense continues to struggle.