The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vicious Jamie Benn Crosscheck on Ryan Jones

-AJ-

Suspension-worthy?  

52 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Jones didn't exactly "run over" him. He went a little hard, maybe, but I don't think he had full intentions of hurting Lehtonen.

Anytime a player cross-checks an unsuspecting guy in the back like that, it's uncalled for.

Where the hell were Jones' teammates?

That aside, one game. If instigating a fight in the last five minutes of a game is suspension-worthy, a crosscheck to the back is as well, especially in a 5-1 game.

I wouldn't go as far as vicious but it was incredibly stupid, 1 game max. To be honest I thought Dillon's hit on Eberle was more "vicious" however Eberle wasn't hurt and is not a Blackhawk so no suspension on that expected.

Looked to me like Jones went in a little too hard into the goalie, but then obviously tried not to hurt the goalie and even seemed like he was asking the guy if he was ok. His 2 for goalie interference was punishment enough. No need for that dirty hit. That being said, not sure it's worth a suspension. Just an *&& beating next game with the Oilers.

Archived