The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vicious Jamie Benn Crosscheck on Ryan Jones

-AJ-

Suspension-worthy?  

52 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

He'll probably get 1 game tops. And I haven't heard anything on this until you posted it, so thanks.

I heard a Blue got injured tonight. Didn't see the play. Was it also as viscous as this one? Since these types of plays normally go unnoticed.

A hard cross-check to the back. Whoop-de-do. Happens every game. He shouldn't get anything and I'll be surprised if he does get anything. At the very most I see a fine. If he gets suspended I'll be shocked. Actually if he even gets fined I'll be shocked. It was a cross-check to the back and it didn't even look that hard. Might have just caught Jones where there was no padding.

Now if the cross-check was near the face then it would be a different story.

to be fair to benn, lehtonen just came back from injury and jones made no attempt to stop or get out of the way. But you cant cross-check a guy like that. Doubt its suspension worthy id say a fine.

Uncalled for hit? Jones ran over a goalie that has dealt with injury issues with a 5-1 lead. I'm not saying Benn's actions are justified, but Jones had it coming. Benn just did likely what a lot of fans want to do when our goalie gets run in a rout.

Archived