The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vicious Jamie Benn Crosscheck on Ryan Jones

-AJ-

Suspension-worthy?  

52 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think it's fairly obvious that it was retaliation for Jones running the goalie. Still, I'd hardly call that "vicious". It was a bit cheap, but it sure didn't look as bad as Jones made it seem.

My guess is a game, maybe two.

Lol that was far from "vicious", if Jones really was that hurt from that he shouldn't be playing in the NHL out of concern for his saftey. It was for sure a penalty but a suspension would be laughable. The true stupidity of it all is Benn>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Jones on his worst days, should of been someone else going for Jones.

Please note that that replay was slowed down. That was a hard, hard crosscheck for absolutely no reason. You want to get at him for running into the goalie fine, do it to his face. Cowardly, idiotic and I hope he gets 3 or 4.

And no, this doesn't "happen every game". That was as hard as he could crosscheck to a completely unsuspecting player who wasn't braced for anything. Look at the way his head whips back. That's bad and I don't doubt for a second that it hurt like hell.

Please note that that replay was slowed down. That was a hard, hard crosscheck for absolutely no reason. You want to get at him for running into the goalie fine, do it to his face. Cowardly, idiotic and I hope he gets 3 or 4.

And no, this doesn't "happen every game". That was as hard as he could crosscheck to a completely unsuspecting player who wasn't braced for anything. Look at the way his head whips back. That's bad and I don't doubt for a second that it hurt like hell.

I'm sorry i see 4 or 5 crosschecks harder than this on Burrows and the Sedins almost every single game. As soon as they are down they jump up and carry on playing... Maybe he was really hurt and it wasn't an act but if that is the case Jones should retire from hockey cause his body just isn't cut out for it.

Great act by Jones.

I know what it's like getting checked in that area. It's the one area of your torso that's not really covered by anything, so yeah, it does suck getting crossed in there.

But come on, you'd think somebody shot the guy.

The entire game, Edmonton was playing physical against Benn whenever they had him on the boards and corners. They're losing 5-1, Jones was probably running his mouth and he took matters in his own hands.

I understand that the league is already looking into this, but for what it's worth.. It's not a headshot..

For the record, I don't think Benn should have been suspended for this. Sometimes a penalty is good enough and this was of those cases.

With that said...Jones dives? People actually think that? That was a hard cross check that he didn't expect to come. Have you ever had the wind knocked out of you? Maybe it doesn't cause an injury but there is about a minute there where you really feel like you're in bad shape. He gets cross checked in the back hard and then falls face first onto the ice. If you're criticizing this, you're an internet tough guy. This happens to anyone and they're hurting.

...and I know people get cross checked in the front of the net but its a little different when you're expecting it.

Only fined 10K because according to Shanahan he is a first time offender, well last time I checked Hansen was a first time offender but he was still suspended. The hit Benn did to Jones was 100 times worse then what Hansen did with Hossa, at least Hansens was a hockey play to get the puck, Benns had nothing to do with the puck or the play of the game, it was all intent to injure. But that's ok I guess to the NHL just a little slap on the wrist, BUSH LEAGUE.

Archived