The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Don't look now...

Lui's Knob

Agree on Quennevelle.

Aso believe that a more motivational coach is needed for the Nucks. Even when these guys get blown out, they don't show much disappointment or emotion. There's being even-keeled and then there's being disconnected emotionally. The Nucks just don't look like they're into the game.

I've had real issues with Kesler in the past but am starting to believe some of his antics ar frustration over his teammates lack of passion and intensity. He plays 100% and gives his all every shift, even when injured yet he's playing with a bunch of "skate-by" mates. HIs reward,,,,the coach calls him out for not using his linemates more.

Kes is the only guy after teh game (actually him and COry) who looks deflated after a loss. THe rest look like they can't wait to have a hot bath and a beer.

I hate saying this but it appears the Canucks are in big trouble. Minny will catch us tonight and be ahead of us by the end of the weekend. Never to look back, which means we might not even make the playoffs. If this happens...I hope the owners look hard at management. We don't want M.G. making any more trades as he has proven that he can't make one that has helped this team. He would only be throwing assets away to try and save his job.

I hate saying this but it appears the Canucks are in big trouble. Minny will catch us tonight and be ahead of us by the end of the weekend. Never to look back, which means we might not even make the playoffs. If this happens...I hope the owners look hard at management. We don't want M.G. making any more trades as he has proven that he can't make one that has helped this team. He would only be throwing assets away to try and save his job.

In other news, I'm going to win the lottery (even though I haven't bought a ticket), the government of Canada is going to stun everyone by announcing an end to all taxes, and chocolate ice cream will be discovered to cure cancer.

See, I can prognosticate out of my @$$ too. B)

Looks like i'm with the majority on this one, I feel the coaching staff have become a downside to this club. We need a new set of coaches. Our powerplay and penalty kill have become pathetic shadows of what they once were, our defence looks like a bunch of blind idiots half the time and no one is playing hungry. On top of that I have never thought of AV as a solid coach for developing youth which is becoming an issue for this club as we are looking to get younger and have lots of young talent close to, or already NHL ready (Gaunce, Jensen, Kassian, Schroeder etc.)

I want to see a group of coaches who are not afraid to rip the team a new one when it's warranted, a set of coaches who are more than willing to put young players in the positions they need to be in so they can develop into the players we want them to be (ex: Kassian on the 3rd/4th line will result in him never being better than a 3rd/4th liner. He NEEDS top 6 minutes to develop properly into the power forward we know he can be.)

AV and crew had their time, they could not get it done and they barely, if ever, showed the tenacity behind the bench that cup winning coaches have shown time and time again. It sucks because I wanted to see this team, coaches included, bring home Lord Stanley; however it seems that they aren't the group to make it happen. This team is too talented to be 1st/2nd round exits in the playoffs or even miss the post season all together.

Now, it's too late for a coaching change at this stage in a short season but, if they cannot go to at the very least the conference finals, then I think it's time to move on with a new coaching staff.

Archived