The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Don't look now...

Lui's Knob

The idea of Minnesota overtaking us is far from unrealistic. The idea of the Canucks STAYING behind Minnesota is hard to fathom. We are in a mini-slump here, there's no question. A trade might be the answer...but saying it will be so don't make it so. The Wild are a much better team this year, and the Northwest is starting to get competitive. But doom and gloom posts are indeed indicative of a 'nittwitt'. The canucks don't like looking up at anyone, and I think this will be the wake-up call they need, to be honest.

In other news, I'm going to win the lottery (even though I haven't bought a ticket), the government of Canada is going to stun everyone by announcing an end to all taxes, and chocolate ice cream will be discovered to cure cancer.

See, I can prognosticate out of my @$$ too. B)

I understand the concern but I don’t believe they will pass us. They might tie us for a brief period but nothing more than that. Now with that said, it is my assumption this next month will make or break our season. We have 16 games in the 31 days in March; I believe that if we can go something like 9-3-4 we will have the division on lock down and looking forward to our playoff seed. The thing is; we need to play hard hockey and put in an effort for the full 60 min. I am hoping that our recent waiver claim will be able to maybe have enough of a shake up to the team that gets our guys going. If we don’t have a record similar to what I suggested then there might be more drastic action taken at the deadline but we can only sit back and watch it all unfold.

I hate saying this but it appears the Canucks are in big trouble. Minny will catch us tonight and be ahead of us by the end of the weekend. Never to look back, which means we might not even make the playoffs. If this happens...I hope the owners look hard at management. We don't want M.G. making any more trades as he has proven that he can't make one that has helped this team. He would only be throwing assets away to try and save his job.

Anything is possible... its even possible for Calgary to catch up. The difference from the top of NW leader to bottom is 6 points... so nothing is unrealistic and there is no question about the troubles lurking around Canucks; they lurk around like flies around a pile of doodoo.

I hate saying this but it appears the Canucks are in big trouble. Minny will catch us tonight and be ahead of us by the end of the weekend. Never to look back, which means we might not even make the playoffs. If this happens...I hope the owners look hard at management. We don't want M.G. making any more trades as he has proven that he can't make one that has helped this team. He would only be throwing assets away to try and save his job.

:picard:

I understand how frustrating it can be when your team underperforms, especially when they've has so much success in the past few season. You guys have a really good team, but this doesn't seem to be your season with all the injuries and drama surroundig the club. Gillis is a good GM, but he's in a tough spot right now to make a reasonable deal. I'd bet on some big changes (i.e. trades) in the summer.

Archived