The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is it time to give up on this season?

Derp...

138 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think everyone is a little frustrated here. Players staff and most fans. If people want to use CDC to vent fine, but understand hindsight is always 20/20.

You don't know how things are going to pan out. We don't have a crystal ball that tells us what each player will be like tomorrow or 5 years from now.

Our GM is supposed to do whats best for the team at that time in order to put us in a position to win a Stanley Cup, but without sacrificing our future entirely.

The thing to remember is even if MG pulled the trigger on a big deal, who's to say that it will work for us? How much of what happens in hockey, and with player development is luck or guesswork!? More than we like to think I guess.

If we put ourselves in his shoes at the time, how many people would make the same moves he did, how many people would end up making worse moves than he did? I'd say most of us would do worse.

Right now we have some good and great players. A lot of which have been injured or are playing with new people and most of which are frustrated.

Everyone in this place has high expectations and that's good, but if you don't set realistic goals and understand that hockey is as much luck as it is skill then we end up disappointed.

If we look at the season as a book we are half way through. That doesn't mean we know how its going to end. Just because this chapter isn't as good as we hoped doesn't mean we should throw it down tell it it's terrible and pick a new one.

Have some faith, have some patience and you might be surprised how this story ends.

Read the 90% of posters panicking bc of 4 losses and you'd think we're in last place overall...

OP is right and his comments are bc most of the people on here have clearly never competed in a sport given their level of panick for a team in 3rd in the conference simply bc they've had a few off games...

I can't even imagine what the nucks players think about the fans...probably think most of them are idiots...

Why the hell should this team throw in the towel when we're the only team with a positive goal differential in the division, 5 points out of second in the conference, and far above the likes of Calgary, Edmonton, and Colorado in points? All this nearing the halfway point of the season.

I swear, the stupidity of some people...

looking at the season as a whole things dont look good. the canucks struggle against anyone outside the nw, far and away the worst division in the league. they are shambles in there own end. the powerplay has only two plays(bomb it from the point or to kesler on the halfwall, its painfully stale and predictable, oh heres a drop pass, wait the opponent knows thats our only entry so it fails miserably. they're uninspired/or done and it shows. V has to go if theres gonna be an attempt at a salvage, but i dont think thatll happen, even if we lose the next 10 games he'll have the kesler was injured excuse. we'll still make the playoffs but it'll be one maybe two and done. on a side note the volpatti loss is huge and with it our best prospect all of sudden becomes an enforcer. which is terrible, kassian gets a trial by fire with divisional enforcers like mcgrattan and Rupp.

looking at the season as a whole things dont look good. the canucks struggle against anyone outside the nw, far and away the worst division in the league. they are shambles in there own end. the powerplay has only two plays(bomb it from the point or to kesler on the halfwall, its painfully stale and predictable, oh heres a drop pass, wait the opponent knows thats our only entry so it fails miserably. they're uninspired/or done and it shows. V has to go if theres gonna be an attempt at a salvage, but i dont think thatll happen, even if we lose the next 10 games he'll have the kesler was injured excuse. we'll still make the playoffs but it'll be one maybe two and done. on a side note the volpatti loss is huge and with it our best prospect all of sudden becomes an enforcer. which is terrible, kassian gets a trial by fire with divisional enforcers like mcgrattan and Rupp.

I think everyone is a little frustrated here. Players staff and most fans. If people want to use CDC to vent fine, but understand hindsight is always 20/20.

You don't know how things are going to pan out. We don't have a crystal ball that tells us what each player will be like tomorrow or 5 years from now.

Our GM is supposed to do whats best for the team at that time in order to put us in a position to win a Stanley Cup, but without sacrificing our future entirely.

The thing to remember is even if MG pulled the trigger on a big deal, who's to say that it will work for us? How much of what happens in hockey, and with player development is luck or guesswork!? More than we like to think I guess.

If we put ourselves in his shoes at the time, how many people would make the same moves he did, how many people would end up making worse moves than he did? I'd say most of us would do worse.

Right now we have some good and great players. A lot of which have been injured or are playing with new people and most of which are frustrated.

Everyone in this place has high expectations and that's good, but if you don't set realistic goals and understand that hockey is as much luck as it is skill then we end up disappointed.

If we look at the season as a book we are half way through. That doesn't mean we know how its going to end. Just because this chapter isn't as good as we hoped doesn't mean we should throw it down tell it it's terrible and pick a new one.

Have some faith, have some patience and you might be surprised how this story ends.

How can you mention "faith" and "patience", yet create a thread asking if it's time to "give up" on the season. The team is on a two game losing streak. Not that long ago, they were on a six game winning streak.

Sometimes the overreactions of Canuck fans blows me away...

lol. LA Kings played like crap and just barley made the playoffs, and yet they still won the cup. Calm down guys. It doesn't matter what position we come in or how many games we lose, because the playoffs is a different story. As long as we make the playoffs, i dont care.

Archived