Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Derp...

Is it time to give up on this season?

138 votes

1. 1. Is it time to give up on this season?

• Yes
    • No

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

76 posts in this topic

Not that I necessarily agree with OP, but let's not forget that our record so far is far from stellar. 10-5-4 is, in my book, 10 wins and 9 losses. Nothing to show off for.

I mean I do believe they'll make it, but we sure have lost the feeling from 10-11 season where I thought they played like they were invincible.

1. Have a look at your username.

2. Look in a mirror.

3. Say your username.

The Canucks fan base has become so spoiled. 'OMG we are not undefeated, throw in the towel!'

Could you imagine being a Flames fan right now. Especially after what has happened over the last 24 hours. They almost lost a 1rst, 3rd and the player they were trying to acquire for absolutely nothing! That would have been a devastating blow. Now that's a fan base that could probably consider 'giving up' on the season, and probably the franchise.

It makes me laugh when people actually think the CDC is a majority voice of Canucks fans :lol:

There is a small handful of whiny babies on this board who flood it with negativity. They certainly don't speak for me when they come on here ranting after a loss. This is a sport, all teams lose, all teams have thier short comings, all teams cannot win the SC, some children and some mentally challenged adults that frequent the CDC just do not understand this.

When you say "everyone is frustrated" you are wrong. I'm completely thrilled with the entertainment the Canucks have provided over the past couple of years, I know a SC will come to Vancouver eventually and I'm in no hurry as long as the product is entertaining. Gillis and AV have a team right now that will consistantly make the playoffs, it's only a matter of time before the Canucks have everything go well for them come playoff time.

Worst thread of 2013. Serious.

What the hell kind of question is this?

Cant believe people are actually clicking on this thread and replying. Just waisted my time.

lol what? the canucks are in third in the west. my god man

should the kings have given up last year when they barely made the playoffs? the people saying they're giving up now are nuts

This is getting out of hand...

I would not say to give up on this season but I really think that the Cancuks window of oppertunity with this group before they have to start rebuilding is almost shut. Not only are the key people like the Sedins getting past their best years but other teams in the conference and division are getting better. The way they are playing right now it just might be anothere early playoff exist for the team.

It is a shame that the .org never figured out that last year they should have given up and received some draft picks.

Kes hurt on multiple levels but still allowed to play out the season.

Daniel Sedin out with a concussion.

Hodgson gone and replaced with what was then a dough boy that could not play fourth line minutes.

Defensive depth Sulzer gone and moves and picks lost with Gragnani and Pahlsson.

Many on this board are just simply stupid and have no concept of how to win. They see a loss or a bad couple games and say EVERYTHING needs to change. They are too stupid to realize that changes more often than not actually disadvantage the team, especially when so many things are working or at least have the potential.

For folks who didn't bother to read the OP:

Asked a question.

Answered that question.

Perhaps not as most anticipated.

It is laughable how many peope fail to actually read the original thread. The question was is it time to give up on this season? The text of the original post clearly says no it is not time to give up. It says have patience.

Sheesh.

Give up? No.

Do they have any hope of getting past the second round? Not a chance.

Give up? No.

Do they have any hope of getting past the second round? Not a chance.

i don't think we'll miss the playoff.. but if we continue the way we play we might end up somewhere in the 5th-8th seeding instead with no home advantage throughout the playoff

I hope that y'all doubters do give up on this season, we could stand to lose some deadwood from out this fanbase.