The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Luongo is hilarious, and taking it all in stride

Jai604

As we all know, Luongo's been through his fair share of controversy. However, this year he seems as cool and collected as ever. I'm just glad the guy can laugh at himself a bit and not get rattled with all the crap he's been through with the fans and the media.

Anyone else follow his twitter account? That guy just keeps tweeting hilarious gems.

Any favourite @Strombone1 tweets you guys have read?

Just recently:

David Booth@D_Booth7

Had an intense day looking for a cougar

Strombone@strombone1

@D_Booth7 did u try the Roxy?

After the Red Wings game:

Strombone@strombone1

I just wanted to apologize to all the people who had to replace their Budweiser Red Light bulb after yesterday's debacle #LUON8O

After the Blues game:

Strombone@strombone1

Almost had him............ pic.twitter.com/QB7EEvRp

Strombone@strombone1

This guy might need a longer jersey by the time it's all said and done........ pic.twitter.com/OK0QbMYf

Strombone@strombone1

Do you accept bribes @AVsCOIN ?

yawn.... You know most people with allot of money have other people to handle the social media and PR crap....

They write and post stuff on celbs behaf to spin them in a certain way.....

Lu seems much more personable, don't you agree? This was kind of a downfall for him in the past.....

yawn.... You know most people with allot of money have other people to handle the social media and PR crap....

They write and post stuff on celbs behaf to spin them in a certain way.....

Lu seems much more personable, don't you agree? This was kind of a downfall for him in the past.....

^Not the craziest thing ive heard. Ive actually wondered that as well, someone doesnt just magically become that funny and he never seemed like the kinda guy that could laugh at himself like that. Everything he is doing is trying to save face and rebuild his reputation, hiring someone to help that process along would make a big difference. That fact we are talking about his twitter means that what ever he did is working.

I liked his apology for Bud Light owners where he signed off Luon8o.

It's amazing how when you strip away some of the intense pressure you get the real deal. This is the real Lu....the other one? - the captain, guy responsible for everything from the price of gas to an entire team's shortcomings, had it tough. Now that he's got the mindset to just go out there and enjoy the game again, it seems he truly is. And I, for one, am happy for him in that.

And you're wrong, "Dr."....his sense of humour was always there (sometimes masked in sarcasm)...people just didn't take it for what it was and attributed it to smug, cockiness.

He tweeted "Wow... This Kadri kid is something else."

Weren't we supposed to trade Luongo for ihm?

I know he just scored a hattrick and all, but i still don't want him. He'll need Sedin time to pan out here and besides, he's Christ in TO now, so likely off the table. Bozak is another guy i don't want. I'd rather take my chances on Colborne, who's been lighting it up in the AHL recently with more minutes.

he's a classic. Represents his character. David Booths comment caught as off guard. That was hilarious. He really is. Makes people smile, even the ones that are no longer huge supporters of Luon8o.

Looking at it right now, makes me appreciate what a player we have in him. Sure there were times were he literally needed to change the red light for the arena, but still. He's still made it further on any given night then someone like Miller or even Lundqvist, as those guys never made it to the finals, and he's also played in more playoff games then those 2. Despite his contract, I still think Luongo is one of the best on the planet when playing at his absolute best. He really is. If he gets traded I will be very sad.

He's always been funny, he just has Twitter as an outlet.

My problem will always be he's the goalie that gives you a shutout one night and let's in 8 the next. I'd rather have an average goalie that gets me a win one night by letting in 1-2 goals and a loss the next by maybe letting in the same 1-2 or 4. It costs less, the ego isn't so big to feed and the team knows what to expect every night.

He's always been funny, he just has Twitter as an outlet.

My problem will always be he's the goalie that gives you a shutout one night and let's in 8 the next. I'd rather have an average goalie that gets me a win one night by letting in 1-2 goals and a loss the next by maybe letting in the same 1-2 or 4. It costs less, the ego isn't so big to feed and the team knows what to expect every night.

Archived