Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

avelanch

Filipinos complaining about price of gas in the Phillipnes

35 posts in this topic

Watching TFC this morning, and apparently the highest gas price is 1.10 Pesos per litre: that's a whopping 3 canadian cents per litre... 11.36 cents per gallon for the americans on the board...

I want to know how they can possibly have such cheap gas...

Pucking expensib!

We pay the equivalent of about $2.20 for a litre over here.

Watching TFC this morning, and apparently the highest gas price is 1.10 Pesos per litre: that's a whopping 3 canadian cents per litre... 11.35 cents per gallon for the americans on the board...

to the op: you sir have poor math skills...let me add poor comprehension skills as well...

to the op: you sir have poor math skills...let me add poor comprehension skills as well...

Philippines

Price per gallon of gasoline: $4.87

Rank by most expensive gas: 43

Rank by pain at the pump: 3

The Philippines is transitioning to a manufacturing and services economy from one based primarily on agriculture. Demand for cheap energy is high. Wages aren't.

Filipinos' pain at the pump is partly offset by an unconventional energy resource available to their economy. The country is the world's second-biggest producer of geothermal energy after the U.S., according to the International Geothermal Association. The island nation of 95 million people and 7,100 islands uses this natural energy source for about 17 percent of the country's energy needs.

The average daily income is $7.11. The share of a day's wages needed to buy a gallon of gas is 69 percent. The average daily consumption is 0.03 gallon, the fourth-lowest after India, Pakistan and Turkey.

http://www.bloomberg.com/slideshow/2013-02-13/highest-cheapest-gas-prices-by-country.html#slide44

Philippines

Price per gallon of gasoline: $4.87

Rank by most expensive gas: 43

Rank by pain at the pump: 3

The Philippines is transitioning to a manufacturing and services economy from one based primarily on agriculture. Demand for cheap energy is high. Wages aren't.

Filipinos' pain at the pump is partly offset by an unconventional energy resource available to their economy. The country is the world's second-biggest producer of geothermal energy after the U.S., according to the International Geothermal Association. The island nation of 95 million people and 7,100 islands uses this natural energy source for about 17 percent of the country's energy needs.

The average daily income is $7.11. The share of a day's wages needed to buy a gallon of gas is 69 percent. The average daily consumption is 0.03 gallon, the fourth-lowest after India, Pakistan and Turkey.

http://www.bloomberg...ry.html#slide44

well the filipino news showed this morning that gas was 1.10P per litre as the highest in Manila, so I have no clue where bloomberg's numbers are coming from.

It averages about P60/litre in the PI. No idea what news you're watching.

I trust Bloomberg's numbers.

I've been there and the prices were about a dollar a litre give or take for diesel.

current exchange rate is about 40 Pisos (pesos) per dollar.

Your wife converted into dollars for you I think, :)

http://www.alternat1...-gas-prices.php

no, the on screen graphic said 1.01P per gallon, so that part she didn't alter. I wonder if it was talking about natural gas prices and she just missed it?

Watching TFC this morning, and apparently the highest gas price is 1.10 Pesos per litre: that's a whopping 3 canadian cents per litre... 11.36 cents per gallon for the americans on the board...

My parents LOVE tfc! Me not so much, I mainly make fun of the shows with horrible acting or stupid games hahahaha