The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Canucks claimed Tom Sestito

Heretic

I don't see why people think it's a good thing we picked up a guy no one else in the league wanted. There was at least interest in Volpatti. This makes no sense to me... especially since MG had no idea S. would be available.

- I still have no idea why V. was waived; people said it was to get a center (Ebbett) but now he's been sent back down. The whole thing is wacky.

Keep in mind this fits Mike Gillis MO of getting "bigger and younger".

Volpatti (as good as he looked as a 4th liner) is probably as good as he will ever get (will probably bounce around 4th lines/waivers for the next few years).

Sestito, a bit younger has shown some offensive upside in the past (7 points in 34 games, decent AHL production).

Sestito could very well turn into a 10 goal, 10 assist 10 minute 4th liner (which is fairly rare in this league).

The thing with Sestito is he doesn't shy away from playing dirty as all hell.

This is the kind of guy who will (and has before) throw a dirty elbow or a hit from behind if you did something to his teammate he didn't like.

Hi Keith.

That's great! So...1) he gets 5 and a game resulting in goals agaisnt and a loss and/or 2) AV benches him or he gets sent to the wolves for being undisciplined.

Tough is good but careless adn stupid is not. Volpatti played the tough role well and didn't cost his team.

THis guy is bigger but not sure he will be as effective and he could be a liability.

Another crappy MG move. The stock in this team just keeps dropping and dropping. He was laughed at in the UK league.

Makes you wonder if he was suitable for a PT winning team like the Canucks why did Washington not pick him up instead of Volpatti?

I now dread every trade/signing this guy makes.

Archived