The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Canucks claimed Tom Sestito

Heretic

The most important thing is that he can hit anyone, and not be afraid to back it up. Whether or not he dominates fights is irrelevant, it's the willingness to get in the other teams faces that's important.

And what exactly has our fourth line been doing lately? No big hits, no fights, no emotion. It's time to switch it up. Get Sestito and Pinnizzoto in there. At least they'll play like they're hungry for it.

Sestito is basically another Byron Bitz, who I liked as a player actually. As long as he doesn't take dumb penalties at bad times.

People wanted size and toughness, well this guy defintetly has size, and he brings about the same toughness as Volpatti. So I don't know why you would be complaining.

So if I watched all 13 then you're saying I can say what I want? Why exactly is it different then everyone else who's never even watched a minute of his play, jump on here and proclaim him as an upgrade? It's the exact same thing...

I never said YOU claimed he was an upgrade my remarks were mostly towards posters like Vancanwincup and Garthbutcher. The only time I even said he was a downgrade was when I said he takes dumb penalties at times (which you can read in any scouting report), Volpatti didn't he played hard and clean which is rare. It's a lateral move if anything that was only made to cover up Gillis mistake bottom line.

We'll see how it goes, but I suspect once he gets beat up a few times (like every fighter does eventually) these same posters proclaiming him as an upgrade will be back on this forum starting up topics about getting Parros or Neil again.

Either way I'm done in this topic since everyone's apparently aloud to voice there absolute opinions but myself, even though I'm not the only one in here who stated he's not the better fighter but whatever.

He's an average fighter, but he is young, big, hits and is very willing to fight and thats all we can ask for.

His height and size makes up for his average fighting skills, I see him more of a big agitator who will fight more than a typical goon.

If he practice fighting with Kassian or Vandermeer, we finally could have a real legit heavyweight on the team.

Let him learn some things about fighting from Bieksa and Kass, then people will completely forget about Volpatti. Glad to see the potential for a serious upgrade, even if it's not immediate. Hopefully Aaron does well in WSH. I liked the guy, even if he is a bit one-dimensional for our play style.

He's an average fighter, but he is young, big, hits and is very willing to fight and thats all we can ask for.

His height and size makes up for his average fighting skills, I see him more of a big agitator who will fight more than a typical goon.

If he practice fighting with Kassian or Vandermeer, we finally could have a real legit heavyweight on the team.

That's the biggest thing, he just turned 25. There's still lots of room to grow.

He's still learning what it takes to be a regular fourth liner in the league. And if he works on his fighting, he should only get better. He clearly has a willingness to do it it after all.

Sometimes players just need a fresh start too.

So you're going to dispute other people's unsupported opinions with unsupported opinions of your own? If you want to do that, be prepared to back it up, just as you'd like to to have those posters back up their claims. I've seen a number of posters who initially said he was a great fighter admit they were wrong when presented with facts, can you do the same?

And it is exactly the same, but as I pointed out people aren't going to care as much if a poster is overly positive versus one that's overly negative. You're allowed to be critical of positive posters, but don't be shocked when people are critical of you being so negative.

Can't say I'm sold on thes guy Sestito.

Yes he's big, maybe he can kill penalties, but as a fighter i don't know. Looked up on youtube and hockeyfights.com and nothing he did impressed me. Stu Bicked wipped him a couple times, and Sestito has him by 20 lbs. Kassian beat him, Sestito has height and weight. Heck, Brandon Dubinsky had a go with him and while Dubinsky just held on, Sestito couldn't pummel Dubinsky like he should.

Archived