The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Canucks claimed Tom Sestito

Heretic

YAY we signed a giant punching bag. Even Weise could probably lay a beat down on him. Gillis pretty much says Damn that was a mistake to send Patti down. I didn't know Kes was injured or it never would have happened. In one fell swoop 2 holes were created in our line up. He had to do something cue mammoth goon that otta calm the fans down.

Sestito's +'s

Giant, quick in a straight line, forecheking, some goal scoring potential, doesn't mind getting punched in the face, young enough there is room for improvement.

Cons

Lateral movement, Vision, Bad fighter, reputation for head shots, doesn't hit enough (cleanly), 5mins a game is not enough for our 4th line players.

All and all I feel he is a bandaid and will be waived again soon as Pinner is ready. I hope he can prove me wrong.

From all the fighting vids Ive seen Id say the kid is like a 14 year old trying to fit into his body. Stands too tall, feet too close together and tries to overpower people too much. Just simplify the fight and learn to be better balanced and this guy could be a great addition to this team as far as fighters go. If this organization is good at anything its helping those who would otherwise be lost causes and turning them into diamond in the rough players. I know Sestito is in good hands here.

The Canucks would trade Raymond for Ovechkin straight up and fans would say they hate the deal because Raymond is better bang for the buck, that he knows the system, that he is less of a cap hit and on and on and on.

Pathetic really.

The Canucks NEEDED toughness and size up front, we've been asking for that for a few years and when it comes, the complainers complain ever more.

Trade Raymond + Booth + Ballard for Perry.

Trade Pinozotto + Weise for Rinaldo

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Perry - Kesler - Kassian

Higgins - Schroeder - Hansen

Sestito - Lappiere - Rinaldo

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Edler - Garrison

Vandermeer - Tanev

Toughness solved, top 6 forward filled....

then i wake up from a dream. :bigblush:

We needed a big guy like this .. Our team plays small , and if i was the opposition Id be licking my chops every time I got to play the canucks .. You can abuse us and there is little or no fear of retribution .. I think its a step in the right direction .. Now somehow , someway , we need a big scary dman .. hard to do i know .. but critical for this team .

Archived