Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heretic

[Waivers] Canucks claimed Tom Sestito

376 posts in this topic

(From the Volpatti thread...)

Tom Sestito is on waivers. Would be nice if the Canucks picked him up. Looks like a good replacement for Volpatti.

watching his "highlights" on youtube. i am starting to think he needs to work to 3 things:

1: cleaner hits

2:Fighting

3:trash talking

Maybe kass can teach the fighting bit, Lappy teach the hitting and Burr and KJes teach the talking bit.... let tom do it and they con concentrate on scoring

not a big sestito fan... seems like the same kind of player like oreskevich and volpatti, except a lot of people are saying he usually loses his fights.

I'm content with this pick-up, had 4 points in 9 games with a team like CBJ in a season. Although that isn't his main role, I'd be glad if he is able to chip in.

I don't get it; why would you swap a guy who knows the system (the players, etc.) for one who doesn't?

EBBETT WAS ASSIGNED TO CHICAGO PLAN THE PARADE

OK. We're good for size. We need a center, a RH D and maybe a sharpshooter (if Jensen doesn't come/live up to the hype).

not a big sestito fan... seems like the same kind of player like oreskevich and volpatti, except a lot of people are saying he usually loses his fights.

This guy will quickly become a fan favourite i assure you. Hes still young and a lot of the great fighters come into there own in there late twenties ect. He is a legit big body who can fight. Kassian got lucky in that fight if you watch it closely

so kesler gets hurts, meaning the canucks recall ebbett, then have to send volpatti down for a roster spot, gets claimed. we claim sestito. and then send ebbett back down.......???????????? makes little sense.

Hope Kass can teach him some fighting technique. He's big but doesn't have the same mean streak as some guys. Pretty decent hands though.

Wha?!?!... Looks like we're going to be even more hated around the league...

Shanny is putting us on speed-dial..

EDIT : They sent Ebbett back down too?? What is happening?

Always suspicious of a player put on waivers, but Tom Sestito looks capable of the role. have to see if he can keep up, but only 25 yrs old