#121 Vancanwincup

Vancanwincup

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 11:49 AM

pinnizzotto sad.

No ebbett will be the odd man out once Pinizzotto is in game shape, he can play center.

#122 etsen3

etsen3

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,700 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 11:50 AM

Clearly making up for losing Volpatti.

Or we could have just kept Volpatti.

#123 I Got A Boy

I Got A Boy

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 11:50 AM

No ebbett will be the odd man out once Pinizzotto is in game shape, he can play center.

yh and his name remind me of pizza and picasssso

#124 Stefan

Stefan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 11:52 AM

Another crappy MG move. The stock in this team just keeps dropping and dropping. He was laughed at in the UK league.

Makes you wonder if he was suitable for a PT winning team like the Canucks why did Washington not pick him up instead of Volpatti?

I now dread every trade/signing this guy makes.

Why don't you reserve judgement until you see what he can bring to the team. So negative it's annoying. This whole message board is nauseating to be apart of.

gallery_9059_470_12899.jpg

(1 Peter 2:18)

Slaves, be subject to your masters with all reverence, not only to those who are good and equitable but also to those who are perverse.

#125 The Brahma Bull

The Brahma Bull

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,224 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 11:57 AM

i think he's more jamie benn.

#126 I Got A Boy

I Got A Boy

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 11:58 AM

Why don't you reserve judgement until you see what he can bring to the team. So negative it's annoying. This whole message board is nauseating to be apart of.

ignore em

#127 I Got A Boy

I Got A Boy

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts

i think he's more jamie benn.

jordie benn

#128 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,695 posts

How is Sestito defensively? Is he the type of player that can play 10 minutes a night? His point total is a positive even though that is a small sample size.
I'll wait and see how he plays in real life.
I really don't think that MG would waive Volpatti if it was easily avoidable, so I will assume that the current CBA does not allow a seamless transition from IR to a conditioning stint. Seems like the Volpatti and Luongo for Parros trade fell through...

Good question. Don't know that much about his play to be able to say from watching, but he has a pretty reasonable Corsi QoC (played against some tougher commpetition) but his Corsi On (what he generated for chances) was very low in Philly. He did have really good improvement from his O-zone start to finish rate so it at least appears Philly was able to clear their zone and get it into the other team's end during his shifts.

Corsi QoC: 0.710 (Briere was next above him with 0.722)
Corsi On: -14.85 (Volpatti was nearly even at -0.52)
O-Zone start/finish: 42.9/60.5% (similar to Volpatti's 33.9/62.5%, Talbot has 32.5/43.4 by comparison)

He plays about 9 shifts per game and averages under 6 mins. Has 9 hits in 7 games, along with one block and two giveaways. His 12 penalty minutes consist of two majors and 1 minor. Nothing spectacular, just a big 4th liner.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#129 I Got A Boy

I Got A Boy

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:00 PM

Good question. Don't know that much about his play to be able to say from watching, but he has a pretty reasonable Corsi QoC (played against some tougher commpetition) but his Corsi On (what he generated for chances) was very low in Philly. He did have really good improvement from his O-zone start to finish rate so it at least appears Philly was able to clear their zone and get it into the other team's end during his shifts.

Corsi QoC: 0.710 (Briere was next above him with 0.722)
Corsi On: -14.85 (Volpatti was nearly even at -0.52)
O-Zone start/finish: 42.9/60.5% (similar to Volpatti's 33.9/62.5%, Talbot has 32.5/43.4 by comparison)

He plays about 9 shifts per game and averages under 6 mins. Has 9 hits in 7 games, along with one block and two giveaways. His 12 penalty minutes consist of two majors and 1 minor. Nothing spectacular, just a big 4th liner.

wats corsi qoc coris on?

#130 canuck73_3

canuck73_3

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,632 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:02 PM

Clearly making up for losing Volpatti.

Or we could have just kept Volpatti.

Sestito is an improvement.

credit to canuckforever00 for the sig :)

RIP Luc Bourdon

#131 CanucksJay

CanucksJay

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,392 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:04 PM

Sestito is an improvement.

Did Sesito and Volpatti go on waivers at the same time?
If so, why would Washington pick Volpatti over Sesito when they see Sesito play more often?

#132 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,757 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:04 PM

I had this guy in a fantasy GM league so I learned a bit about him. I like the fact that I'll get to see what he's actually all about. Here is his hockey future bio and statline. His numbers are actually quite impressive for what he brings and for all the goon mentalists out there you got your wish. Let's see if it pays off. I pretty much guarantee no one ever touches the Sedins again. Oh wait, this is real life that's not going to happen.

http://www.hockeysfu.../tommy_sestito/

http://www.hockeydb....y.php?pid=80210

Edited by Dogbyte, 01 March 2013 - 10:52 PM.

Canuckslogo160x160.jpg

#133 canuck73_3

canuck73_3

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,632 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:05 PM

If so, why would Washington pick Volpatti over Sesito when they see Sesito play more often?

If Washington made good decisions they wouldn't be basement dwellers.

RIP Luc Bourdon

#134 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,983 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:05 PM

Another crappy MG move. The stock in this team just keeps dropping and dropping. He was laughed at in the UK league.

Makes you wonder if he was suitable for a PT winning team like the Canucks why did Washington not pick him up instead of Volpatti?

I now dread every trade/signing this guy makes.

Time to go get all "snide" somewhere else ya think?? your negativity is starting to wear thin .. maybe the Leafs Forum has an opening??

"To Thine Own Self Be True"

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#135 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,757 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:07 PM

he can score so he's good plyr for us

It would probably save you a couple seconds and brain cells in your busy life if you just type the first letter of every word, or even every second word, we'll still understand you.

h c s s h g p f u

wow, less than 1 second compared to 1.5

Canuckslogo160x160.jpg

#136 Gerbera

Gerbera

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:07 PM

so kesler gets hurts, meaning the canucks recall ebbett, then have to send volpatti down for a roster spot, gets claimed. we claim sestito. and then send ebbett back down.......???????????? makes little sense.

I think this whole thing happened because they need to activate Pinizzotto before they can send him down to minor... then Volpatti got claimed and they got a 4th line replacement.

#137 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:08 PM

Time to go get all "snide" somewhere else ya think?? your negativity is starting to wear thin .. maybe the Leafs Forum has an opening??

Just my opinion T. If I'm not happy with what's happening then that's what I say. If you don't like it well............you know the rest :rolleyes:

Edited by Bodee, 01 March 2013 - 12:08 PM.

Kevin.jpg

#138 The Juice

The Juice

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:09 PM

I can give you 5 inches and 20 pounds worth of reasons. (he said in the least dirty way possible)

Tuna Can

#139 HKSR

HKSR

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:10 PM

Now the question is whether or not he's more of an intimidating presence than Volpatti?

What I'd love to see now is a move to get a player in the mold of a Ryan Clowe or Ryan Getzlaf (ie. a tough nasty forward) by trading one of our goalies and possibly a defenceman to make room for Vandermeer B)

Having Sestito, Kassian, Vandermeer, Bieksa, and the tough nasty forward in our lineup will help our team toughness tremendously.

#140 Sestito29

Sestito29

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Yessssssssssssssssssssssss I called it!

Guy can play. Take a look at his stats. 42 goals in his last year of junior. Over .5 PPG in the AHL and had a 2 goal game earlier this year against Tampa.

6'5 228 beast. Not the best fighter, but has the strength and size to fight anyone.

Edited by hockeyville88, 01 March 2013 - 03:01 PM.

#141 AFrame14

AFrame14

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,411 posts

At least he has 5 inches on volpatti..
NUCKS FOR THE CUP

#142 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:12 PM

You're the one that wanted a tough guy. A bit of "push back".

He's no worse than Volpatti. Not much better either, but we haven't got worse as a team. Some people are never happy.

He is nowhere near Volpatti. That is my opinion. Also I think he is a douche on and off the ice and not fit for this team.
As I said if he was so good you would have thought the Caps would have snapped him up first.
Kevin.jpg

#143 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,695 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:13 PM

(From the Volpatti thread...)

Nailed it! Good on ya!

He is a very similar player to Volpatti, though he hits less but scores a little more. His contract is nearly identical too - $605,000, 2-way and set to be UFA next season.

The difference is, of course, as I understand it, Vancouver could send him down to the Wolves now without him having to clear waivers again anytime in the next month as long as he doesn't play in 10 or more games with us. So, we could still use him to free up a roster spot without losing any depth.

Nope. That's only if he actually cleared waivers to begin with, and then he wouldn't be on our team and the Flyers would have that option. If we want to send him to the Wolves, he'll still have to clear waivers and the Flyers would get first chance to reclaim him.

Seeing his fights the fact is he doesn't win or lose convincingly. he holds his own but doesn't seem to get his arms free enough.

Spector on his live chat speculates that Volpatti could be placed on waivers again some time soon. (grain of salt needed)

Gain of salt indeed. If he was, we'd get first chance to get him back.

And lines from practice:

@patersonjeff: 22-33-14/20-21-36/7-40-9/27 with 45-32 in drills. Bieksa skating with Barker #Canucks

Manny just filling in where they might try Sestito, or this could just be a little different look in practice. It does seem Raymond getting the opportunity at center though in Kesler's absence.

wats corsi qoc coris on?

Check out behindthenet.ca for all of that. Corsi is basically advanced plus/minus that tracks goals and shots rather than just goals. It's a good indicator of possession, so in Sestito's case, he has very low possession but playing against players on the other team with higher possession (that's the QoC Corsi). That indicates he's playing D most of the time but he ends up getting the puck clear a fair amount despite giving up a number of shots.

Edited by elvis15, 01 March 2013 - 12:16 PM.

#144 canuck73_3

canuck73_3

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,632 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:15 PM

He is nowhere near Volpatti. That is my opinion. Also I think he is a douche on and off the ice and not fit for this team.
As I said if he was so good you would have thought the Caps would have snapped him up first.

So by saying he's nowhere near Volpatti you've just admitted you've never watched him play then. Sestito is the better player period.

RIP Luc Bourdon

#145 wendythirteenthrashers

wendythirteenthrashers

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:16 PM

maybe it can be the wakeup shakeup the team needs..... different energy....

#146 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 32,724 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:17 PM

Sestito sustained a lower body injury and hasn't played since Feb. 11th.

He can't play every game. He can't fight well. But he's big, lays the odd cheap hit and has been suspended for it.

We claimed another Byron Bitz, folks.

Wooooooooooo!

Honestly, if we pick him up just to injure a King, it'll be worth it.
Posted Image

#147 Wilbur

Wilbur

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,325 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:18 PM

pinnizzotto sad.

Crap, does that mean he'll be on the IR for a strained tear duct?

#148 Spoosh

Spoosh

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:20 PM

With a name like Sesisto, I thought he was a Finn.

:) More like italian in my finnish opinion.
© 2000, 2014 K'Spoosh Entertainment Ltd.

Misuse of this almost copyrighted information will with near certainty lead to misuse of it.

Posted Image

#149 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,695 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:20 PM

No, they didn't. Volpatti was put on waivers on Wed to hopefully clear on Thurs. Sestito was put on waivers on Thurs to hopefully clear today.

#150 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,944 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:22 PM

I thought Gillis was about character?

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.