The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Canucks claimed Tom Sestito

Heretic

Is he really? Well even if he is slightly better(I'm not saying he is mind) we lose in toughness and character.

MG has just panicked because he was caught out. Another duff signing to join the queue imo. The guy hasn't a clue about being pro-active.

Doesn't really give us anything Volpatti didn't.

Only concern I have is his reputation for taking bad penalties that hurt the team. Volpatti was able to hit like a train but do it legally. He was smart/good enough to know his role and not hurt the team .

TIme will tell.

I think mg wants volpatti over sestito as volpatti is more reliable, and we have invested in him over the last few years.

But the main point here is that they wanted to bring pinnozotto in and they couldn't do that without sending someone down.. schroeder is the only one who doesn't have to clear but we need a center so it wouldn't be him. Weise could have been a better guy to waive (debatable) but with the upcoming condensed schedule, weise would be better since he can eat up more minutes on the pk, has more offensive upside while being able to fight (though not as tough as volpatti).

So mg had to make this gamble which did not go our way, so he picked up another guy who could replace volpatti. Its not difficult to understand and isn't too big of a deal anyways.. hopefully we can get him back if he's waived by the caps or if not, then we'll have to hope pinnozotto and sestito can fill the role

STOKED ON THIS UPGRADE ON VOLPATTI.

Sure, he only has 4 career goals but he's played only 34 games! That's pace for like 9-10 goals over 82.

He can throw hard hits. Sure, Patti could too, but Patti had to calculate every big hit, Sestito is huge so he has fewer limits in that way.

In the AHL he's about a .5 PPGer, in the OHL he was dominant.

EFFFFF YAAAA

Only concern I have is his reputation for taking bad penalties that hurt the team. Volpatti was able to hit like a train but do it legally. He was smart/good enough to know his role and not hurt the team .

TIme will tell.

I think mg wants volpatti over sestito as volpatti is more reliable, and we have invested in him over the last few years.

But the main point here is that they wanted to bring pinnozotto in and they couldn't do that without sending someone down.. schroeder is the only one who doesn't have to clear but we need a center so it wouldn't be him. Weise could have been a better guy to waive (debatable) but with the upcoming condensed schedule, weise would be better since he can eat up more minutes on the pk, has more offensive upside while being able to fight (though not as tough as volpatti).

So mg had to make this gamble which did not go our way, so he picked up another guy who could replace volpatti. Its not difficult to understand and isn't too big of a deal anyways.. hopefully we can get him back if he's waived by the caps or if not, then we'll have to hope pinnozotto and sestito can fill the role

STOKED ON THIS UPGRADE ON VOLPATTI.

Sure, he only has 4 career goals but he's played only 34 games! That's pace for like 9-10 goals over 82.

He can throw hard hits. Sure, Patti could too, but Patti had to calculate every big hit, Sestito is huge so he has fewer limits in that way.

In the AHL he's about a .5 PPGer, in the OHL he was dominant.

EFFFFF YAAAA

TIme will tell.

If everybody transcends their BC-boy sentiments for Volpatti they'll see they have a reason to be happy about this move. Regardless of it was intentional of Gillis' part or not.

It isn't like Patti could PK or PP or anything besides do well with his few minutes per game. Sestito can do that too.. in a bigger and better way.

Archived