The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

HNIC Play On! 4 on 4 Street Hockey Tournament

SkeeterHansen

My team finished 2-1, winning the last game in the shootout.

Felt so great, making the playoffs for the first time, finished 14th overall.

Played the 19th overall team, was demolished 14-4. A team member of mine knew a few of the opposing players, that they were in ball hockey leagues and played at times against university teams and such.

No reason why their team was in our division. Just another case of a team playing a lower division to coast through the first day, and then actually try the second day on the playoffs against easier competition.

Heard awful things about this years tourney from friends, awful organization and the refs were a joke. Apparently a few refs had friends playing and obviously helped their friend's teams win. It's a shame cause it would be an amazing tourney is run properly. Heard this year was by far one of the worsts, it wasn't as bad at Metrotown.

Played this tourney in Kelowna a few years ago and it was a blast! It was in the parking lot of Manteo Beach Resort (lots of room) and they had the arena made out of high fencing. We had cars parked nearby with music so it was basically a massive tailgater. Good food, beer and people. The game does get a little chippy depending on who you are up against, we were all pretty experienced hockey people (junior, college hockey etc) and could handle it. We finished 2nd but it was good times. Would play it again if I were still there.

Archived