The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Omega League Remake: PS3 NHL 13 GMConnect.

PlayingBurke

Well the official schedule is set for tomorrow evening. However, if there is a demand to advance early, then I see no problem with that. I understand the league is new, and people are more active now than ever. However, I also know the Canucks Game is going to be on soon, and the Walking Dead, so people will be busy.

Let me know. Either way I can do whatever. However, if we do advance soon, it will only be for this week. Once next Saturday comes, I'm sticking to the schedule.

GM Burke has been busy in the office today. After a tough first six games in Boston, Burke has changed up the team and is pushing for a more hard-noised team. After hours of making a deal which acquired him young two-way forward Wayne Simmonds, whom will fill the top six right-wing, and also bolstering his defense adding young top five pick Luke Schenn.

Now, GM Burke has pulled a blockbuster trade with the Tampa Bay Lightening.

Details are still being worked out but the deal is looking to be:

To Boston:

Steven Stamkos

Eric Brewer

2nd Round Draft Pick 2013 (Conditional 1st Round Draft Pick 2013; if Boston makes it past the 2nd round of the Playoffs, and Tampa does not hold a 1-5 Draft position).

&

Brain Lee

To Tampa Bay:

Tyler Seguin

Tukka Rask

Johnny Boychuk

&

1st Round Draft Pick 2015

GM Burke will be looking to have Stamkos drive the offense for the Bruins, and while adding Brewer and Schenn, have a much tougher defense. Also, GM Burke has went with veteran Timmy Thomas as the go-to goalie. This perhaps will be the biggest risk, as Thomas's future is unknown, and Subban will not be ready to take over the number one role any time soon. GM Burke looking to make a playoff push now.

Archived