The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Omega League Remake: PS3 NHL 13 GMConnect.

PlayingBurke

The Philadelphia Flyers are pleased to announce a major trade! Perhaps the biggest ever seen in any of the "Omega" GMC leagues!

TO PHI: Toews(90)+Hjalmarsson(84)+Stalberg(81) + Krueger(74) + 3rd

TO CHI: Giroux(90)+Coburn(85)+Couturier(77) + Talbot(79) + Walker(72)

GM H2 had this to say.

"Well...this is a huge day for both organizations. It's obviously sad to see your current captain leave, especially when he has preformed as well as he had. However, this deal just made sense for both teams. I've had the privilege to manage all of these players in my tenure with Chicago, and all of these guys are character guys and solid contributors. Speaking specifically of Toews, he has captained a Stanley Cup championship team and is only 24 years old. Not many players can say that, ever. He is a guy that we targeted as soon as I got to Philly and although we tried to keep Giroux as well, the asking price for Toews was too high and it was not possible.

With Toews we know what we're getting. He's a guy that will probably be a top-5 scorer in the league as he was in my stay with Chicago. He can also play solid in his own end, being a perennial Selke finalist and winning it in my second season with the Hawks. From now on, our team is built around him.

Hjalmarsson is also another guy that we really like, he's a bit more mobile than Coburn and has really grown into a solid top-4 player. He can throw the body around, block shots, and we believe he has some untapped offensive potential. He will fit the Flyer's mould perfectly, and we suspect that he will be a fan favourite very soon.

Stalberg was a guy that was a must have for us in any deal with the Hawks. He is a big body, who we believe can play anywhere in our lineup. His size and speed make him deadly and he's going to get the opportunity to play with good players here, and we believe that he will contribute.

Kruger is another good young player that we think will develop nicely in the next few years. For such a young guy he is good at both ends of the rink.

At this time we would like to thank Claude, Sean, Brayden, Max, and Matt for their time with our organization. These players were key guys for us, and they will be missed. However we could not pass up this opportunity to acquire players that we felt were a better fit for us."

Reports out of Philly are that Jonathan Toews has been named the next team captain of your Philadelphia Flyers, with Chris Pronger and Patrice Bergeron taking assistant duties.

Updated Flyers Lineup:

Briere(84)-Toews(90)-Hartnell(84)............Timmonen(84)-Pronger(85).........Bryzgalov(86)

Stalberg(81)-Bergeron(86)-Voracek(82)...Hjalmarsson(84)-Meszaros(84)....Leighton(75)

Fedatenko(78)-Schenn(78)-Read(78).......Grossman(80)-Mcquaid(80)

Rinaldo(71)-Kruger(74)-Sestito(71)

Man was this a big trade and a tough one to negotiate took some time but I think both teams got off really well with this one.

Giroux is a player any team would love to have and once we were made aware that he could be acquired we went for it. He is a major addition to this team especially his puck handling and shooting which we covet highly. After moving Kane yesterday ( agreed to but pending acceptance by other GM on ps3 ) we are very pleased to gain a player like Giroux back.

Coburn was an essential piece as we were looking for a big DFD on the second pair and we feel Couturier will develop great for us into a top 6 two way role. Talbot also fits in well into bottom 6 which was a point of concern that we had established once acquiring GM duties.

It was hard to move a captain and player like Toews along with Hjalmarsson, Stalberg and Kruger but we feel like this was a deal that we could not turn down at this point. Best of luck to those players in Philly.

Can't wait to test out the new lineup tomorrow after the sim.

Advancment will be on schedule. It will happen tonight. Probably not for a couple hours, though, we'll see.

Yes, there is space and you're welcome to join. This is an active League, if you go to the first page you can read the rules. We hope that you can play your games, but if you cannot then just put your AI on, and make sure you're reachable incase of injuries and you have to fix your roster. In addition, come playoffs, we expect full active members.

Sure, spots are filling up. Make sure you get them to send join requests and make CDC accounts. Also, advancement will be happening shortly, so I'd like to see people online getting through their games. Really shouldn't be too much excuses during the evening to not being able to play some games. Plus, there are not Canuck Games tonight.

I'd like to give this a try. I'll apologize in advance if I am unable to clear my schedule to be fully active, but I will try my best. Can someone let me know what I should do to get started? There will be some struggles with me learning how everything works at first. Thanks!

Archived