The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kassian vs Sestito

Luo-Won-Gold

Kassian was asked about this altercation with Sestito after news broke out the team had claimed him from Philadelphia.

Zack said something along the lines of, "he threw some good rights but I got lucky and caught him with a left.."

I'm sure there's nothing personal between the two; both were just living up to their billing as gritty, hard-nosed checking line wingers.

kassian with the knockout.. he might not land many but when he does they are powerful,, just ask ben eager ahah.. looking forward to having a huge goon on our team tho.. i liked volpatti, as he was a good fore checker and skater for the 4th, but sesito has size and lots of it

Starting to listen? What, were people saying 'Pick up some waiver wire crappola, please.'

Let there be no mistake: This guy will ride the pine or will be in the pressbox for most of his brief stay with us.

If Philly thought he was playing with little regard to defense, then AV certainly will. Philly /= Regard to defense.

Kassian was asked about this altercation with Sestito after news broke out the team had claimed him from Philadelphia.

Zack said something along the lines of, "he threw some good rights but I got lucky and caught him with a left.."

I'm sure there's nothing personal between the two; both were just living up to their billing as gritty, hard-nosed checking line wingers.

He is a true heavy weight imo. I really think we are going to like this guy. And he can play. He seems to be the kind of guy who has alot of upside. Like a Burrows or a Lapierre. We don't expect much but his attitude is progressive. He wants to get better believes he can be better and in the right environment could flourish.

Sestito is a HUGE body, something this team lacks. Heavyweight or not, we need a big hitter and big body with Bitz gone. Who knows, if he plays well enough he may even get top-6 minutes with injuries pilling up, crazier things have happened.

Either way, a 4th line of Sestito - Lapierre - Kassian is just plain scary.

Archived