Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CanuckleHorse

May Ray in the middle could be dynamite his speed is the Xfactor

I wanted this experiment to happen at the start of the season. Mace the face has speed to burn some good hockey smarts, good play making ability and an underrated shot. I hope this works he deserves it with all that he's been thru he has my support.

Well at least he'll be forced to go up the middle. No more outside moves to behind the net.

Hard to say. His speed and defensive responsibility could make him effective, especially at getting back and helping to get the puck out of the D zone. Would think he will get man-handled in the circle but if Schroeder can play center...

Makes us a bit light-weight up the middle - Hank, Schroeder, Raymond.

Based on a little number crunching over at Canucks Army, they suggest Burrows would be a better option:

WHICH FORWARD IS THE BETTER OPTION AT CENTRE: ALEX BURROWS OR MASON RAYMOND?

Raymond at center would split him from Schroeder and they've been good on a line together, but it'd also make two lines that'd require some sheltering, making it harder to give the Sedins offensive minutes and forcing Lapierre to increase the defensive workload. With Burrows at center, It allows he and Lapierre to spread the defensive minutes, and then Shroeder to be sheltered a little while the Sedins get top opposition in the offensive zone.

he's better as a trailer into the zone so hopefully he can get the puck and unload it, and then sometimes push the d back with his speed. Could be a good fit for him. Better than Ebbett I reckon!

Seeing Gordie Howe was in town had me thinking

He played in his 50's

Wayne has broken his records but that one,maybe he would like to play limited pp time and try and win a cup in his 50's? :)

Gillis does like projects too lol

Why won't AV try Higgins at centre? Not saying it would work for sure, but at least he's had more experience than Burrows or Raymond playing in that position.

Higgins has played a lot of center in his time with Montreal and even last season. Then again Raymond is much faster and has great defence - he can backcheck better than anyone else on this team because of his speed.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Higgins - Raymond - Booth

Hansen - Schroeder - Kassian

Weise - Lapierre - Sestito

I think Kassian should go back to the first.

Try

Booth Higgins Burrows

Raymond Schroeder Hansen

Sestito Lappy Weise