The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Keith Ballard named Canucks Alternate Captain

JohnLocke

How many times can Gillis go to the "I'm from BC" well? That Garrison contract will be a nightmare by the time all is said and done. And how do you know others offered more? That is ALWAYS what teams who sign a free agent say.....

We really should trade Ballard, it would be a win-win situation. The Canucks need to be big on the back-end and Ballard is small and not very physical. Alberts has done a great job so far, as has Barker stepping in, and we also have a big, physical Vandermeer waiting in the wings. Alberts and Barker are proving they're enough depth we need on the blueline, we could sustain two injuries to our top-4 and still be relatively fine.

Meanwhile this team needs centers. Trade Ballard and a pick for a decent 3rd line center who's good at faceoffs. Everyone wins. Our playoff-ready defence looks like this:

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Edler - Garrison

Tanev - Alberts

Barker

Vandermeer

I think it's clear we're trying to trade him.

We know that Ballard has been playing well as of late. This effectively showcased his skill and proves to other GM's that he's worth considering.

We played two games in a row with players lower on the depth chart than him. This is management's way of making sure our team can get by without him. With one of Barker or Alberts in, we have the other one and Vandermeer as our backup guys. Could be a lot worse. Defense (especially on paper) is our biggest strength.

Now MG can reassess his trade value and get us something we need, hopefully sooner than later.

We really should trade Ballard, it would be a win-win situation. The Canucks need to be big on the back-end and Ballard is small and not very physical. Alberts has done a great job so far, as has Barker stepping in, and we also have a big, physical Vandermeer waiting in the wings. Alberts and Barker are proving they're enough depth we need on the blueline, we could sustain two injuries to our top-4 and still be relatively fine.

Meanwhile this team needs centers. Trade Ballard and a pick for a decent 3rd line center who's good at faceoffs. Everyone wins. Our playoff-ready defence looks like this:

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Edler - Garrison

Tanev - Alberts

Barker

Vandermeer

Good on Ballard. Has battled his way for two years to gain the trust of the coaching staff and confidence of the fans and is being rewarded. He has been very solid this year and I bet if you start giving him some regular minutes on the powerplay the pointw ill start to add uo. I really like Keith Ballard and glad he has become a good fixture with the team. Making a hard case for MG to trade of buyout now.

His confidence is starting to comeback and Im sure his offensive instincts will surely comeback too.

Good on Ballard. Has battled his way for two years to gain the trust of the coaching staff and confidence of the fans and is being rewarded. He has been very solid this year and I bet if you start giving him some regular minutes on the powerplay the pointw ill start to add uo. I really like Keith Ballard and glad he has become a good fixture with the team. Making a hard case for MG to trade of buyout now.

His confidence is starting to comeback and Im sure his offensive instincts will surely comeback too.

It is getting a little old to blame a turnover or two as a reason for a healthy scratch. There were games this year where Edler was giving up the puck like charity as if he was looking for a tax break. I specifically recall one play he completely blew that cost us a goal and the camera panned to AV right after - you could clearly read his lips: "F*!%K EDDIE".

I'll tell you what pisses players off: getting punished for the same things that other teammates never, ever get punished for.

Archived