The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Keith Ballard named Canucks Alternate Captain

JohnLocke

HFBoards is hardly a source.

It's a picture of him in a jersey with an A. If you look at the team photo that's already been posted in the Millionaire's thread here, you'll see he doesn't have it on there.

487379_10151476048167145_1898878438_n.jpg

In other words, it's some promotional (and candid) photos taken in a one time jersey that don't signify anything official.

Never has there been a thread at CDC in witch all people can agree on something or just be happy for someone else.

I'm pretty sure there will be Canuck -fans complaining even if this team wins the Stanley Cup. Explaining why we shouldn't have won because of the poor decisions by GMMG at the deadline & AV for chewing gum during games and for Kesler diving to draw a penalty in the corner in game 7 etc.

Isn't Ballard the last guy in a jersey on the right in the back row? I don't see an A there.

I see it in the photo from behind the bench...

Anyhow - I think Ballard is a good candidate. He took AV's criticism's last year exceptionally well imo - took no issue with anything said, said that himself that he had to be better - and then went about being better. This year - as good as anyone on the blueline imo - and does a very good job of supporting his d-partner. I can see why Tanev has played so well beside Ballard - Ballard has been very aware and quick to jump in to support, and he also seems like a pretty low key personality who wouldn't get down on his partner's mistakes - probably the opposite.

If he does wind up wearing an A, I think he's earned it and shown why Henrik would choose him.

Never has there been a thread at CDC in witch all people can agree on something or just be happy for someone else.

I'm pretty sure there will be Canuck -fans complaining even if this team wins the Stanley Cup. Explaining why we shouldn't have won because of the poor decisions by GMMG at the deadline & AV for chewing gum during games and for Kesler diving to draw a penalty in the corner in game 7 etc.

Well let's see, Bieka injured, Kesler injured, Malhotra on IR, Salo signed elsewhere, so we've pretty much gone down the list of guys who would normally wear it. I'm surprised it's not Burrows, he's been here for a while and gets more time than Ballard. Usually more ice time corresponds with being able to talk to the refs more often, hence the 'A'.

Still, congrats Keith if this is true, though I don't think he'll have it once Bieksa/Kesler are back.

Good for him, he always seemed to be a locker-room favourite and now I guess he's our only veteran left on the blueline. He's been in this league a long time. With Malhotra and Salo gone, Ballard is our only real veteran left apart from the Sedins.

Hf boards as a source. lol Thats as funny as when something is discussed on here and then its discussed on the next sportsnet connected. Coincidence that they always talk about whatever topics are on the front page of these forums? Also strange that they say "most canucks fans" and it always coincides with what the majority of what CDC says.

Archived