The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Keith Ballard named Canucks Alternate Captain

JohnLocke

Manny: can't fault MG for the injury, get serious.

Lu: Schneider is giving us the opportunity to save cap space and spend elsewhere (by a mil or so). Just hasn't happened yet.

Ballard: mistake I guess... if AV won't play him in important games.

Real Question: does GM MG improve the team, or not? I think he has improved it. God-Status would be if he sacrifices the future to win a cup one of these years... Is that what you want? Or how about sacrificing the future to almost win again...

yet people still think GM MG is a god.

This tread is better then soap operas!

All seriousness I don't get why Ballard was benched I just don't buy AV's pathetic excuse about putting the best team on the ice for them to win. Ballard has been one of our better D all year yes he did have one bad game but it was one game!

Geez guys.

Ballard is small.

Alberts is big.

LA uses size to win.

Alberts is potentially better then Ballard against LA.

Barker is potentially better then Ballard against LA.

Don't know if you don't try.

Oh by the way, we won.

Go AV Go.

The most frustrating part of this whole saga is Gillis letting it fester in the first place. He should have straightened Vig out on his responsibilities to the organization right away. You know an alpha GM like Burke would have sorted that arrogant sob out a long time ago. Gillis needs to grow a pair and stand up for his player here, a resolution to this is long past overdue. Vig should be told to pack his crap and get out if need be.

Sort of off topic but last night after the game I went onto youtube and watched all those shows on Canucks tv with Kathy. Anyways in the first one she was asking the players how to get on the coaches good side, and she asked ballard this :picard: He said change your last name to Sedin and I think this is the reason why he is getting benched ibecause he didn't say, "change your last name to Rome." :bigblush:

All joking aside why would Vancouver do this ? Why give Ballard the A then treat him this way? I think something is up. It has to be........either that or AV has finally lost it.

Saying Alberts over Ballard due to LA's size is retarded. Ballard's probably the only player that's actually good when playing against a bigger sized team. Watch last years Kings series, Ballard was the only solid D holding his ground

Our useless local media would be doing their jobs if the were calling Vig out on this. This is bull and everyone, including Vig, knows it.

It's time to start calling that punk out publicly on his petty vindictive crap. Let Vig defend himself if he can. Enough bull.

I got why they played Alberts against the huge Kings forwards... but to sit Ballard tonight again when Bieksa couldn't play is ridiculous.

If I were Ballard I would lose my sh!t right about now and demand a trade. There is a market for defencemen, and he has trade value. Lets see a 3rd line centre come back in return.

I got why they played Alberts against the huge Kings forwards... but to sit Ballard tonight again when Bieksa couldn't play is ridiculous.

If I were Ballard I would lose my sh!t right about now and demand a trade. There is a market for defencemen, and he has trade value. Lets see a 3rd line centre come back in return.

Archived