Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

AIK to play decisive game to decide if they go to playoffs in Elitserien (Nicklas Jensen)

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 uber_pwnzor

uber_pwnzor

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 04:18 AM

So yeah, it's their second to last game of the season. They're playing the team that's just above them in the standings, Brynäs. If they lose, they're out of the race, and Jensen can come to North America.

There has been some fuzz surrounding Jensen, he's the leading goal scorer on the team, but plays third/fourth line minutes. He's also the leading goalscorer among players under 20 in the entire league.

This is the standings (the top eight teams make the playoffs. A victory is rewarded with three points.

8) Brynäs, -42, 72 pts.
-----------------------
9) AIK, -27, 66 pts.
10) Växjö, -28, 60 pts.

So, AIK needs to win their two remaining games, while Brynäs loses both their games, to get the same amount of points, and because of the the fact that AIK's goals for/against total is less bad than Brynäs', they'll make the playoffs.

What do you guys think, do you want Jensen to play the Swedish playoffs, or come to North America?

#2 JensenFan2011

JensenFan2011

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 04:24 AM

come to north america with a stint with the wolves till the trade deadline. then gets called up to the canucks when MG knows exactly what the team will look like.

Sedin Sedin Burrows
Booth Kesler Jensen
Raymond Schroeder Hansen
Higgins Lappy Kassian

Pretty strong Foward depth

#3 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,932 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 04:27 AM

I'd like him to come to NA obviously, and play for the Wolves.

AIK has been vindictive since Gillis blocked a Jensen trade in the SEL. They have since limited his ice time, and literally used him as a spacer between the D and forwards during games. I'd like to see him come here, play for the Wolves and get the minutes he deserves. I don't think even Arniel can eff that one up.

2d7ye0p.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#4 Lancaster

Lancaster

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,568 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 04:33 AM

Prediction....
"Nik Jensen playing like a man possessed. A hattrick with 2 assists, helping AIK squeak out a 5-4 win..."

Canucks fans: damn it!

lol

#5 Rounoush

Rounoush

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,214 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 06:15 AM

Wow, I knew he was playing well but I never knew his minutes were THAT limited. Good job Jensen.

2dgqi51.jpgfcvifc.jpg
Thanks a bunch to khalifawiz501 and Discord for the signatures.

#6 Jester13

Jester13

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,829 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 07:15 AM

I would be surprised if anyone said they wanted him to play in the playoffs. I can't wait for him to play for the Wolves. Hopefully he does well there and then gets called up. He has the potential to be that scoring spark the Canucks need. Great shot and tonnes of skill. He's young and a rookie, but other teams ie. Philly, Boston, Edmonton have had young guys being thrown into the big time and experienced offensive success so there's no reason why Jensen couldn't. That is, unless AV plays him for one shift and then benches him, but like he would ever do that, right guys! Right?

"Education is the inoculator for ignorance."

#7 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,469 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 07:28 AM

I'd rather he get North American experience. Play with the Wolves, learn how to use his size on a smaller ice surface, spend a year in the AHL and then jump into the big club.

Alternatively he could wow everyone with the Wolves like he did last year in the playoffs (4 goals in 6 games I believe) and head straight to the Canucks. This is a lineup that is playoff-primed, with size, skill and speed on every line. That's how Boston and L.A won the Cup, and it's how MG is moulding our team right now. Let's see this for Game 1:

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian
Burrows - Kesler - Booth
Raymond - Schroeder - Higgins
Jensen - Lapierre - Hansen

That offensive depth would be uncontested in the NHL. 20 goal scorers on just about every line. Each line has a playmaker, shooter, big body, good forechecker, size and speed. Most importantly every line can hit and wear down defencemen, while being able to score as well. That's how you win in the playoffs nowadays.
Posted Image

#8 babych

babych

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,207 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 08:21 AM

So yeah, it's their second to last game of the season. They're playing the team that's just above them in the standings, Brynäs. If they lose, they're out of the race, and Jensen can come to North America.

There has been some fuzz surrounding Jensen, he's the leading goal scorer on the team, but plays third/fourth line minutes. He's also the leading goalscorer among players under 20 in the entire league.

This is the standings (the top eight teams make the playoffs. A victory is rewarded with three points.

8) Brynäs, -42, 72 pts.
-----------------------
9) AIK, -27, 66 pts.
10) Växjö, -28, 60 pts.

So, AIK needs to win their two remaining games, while Brynäs loses both their games, to get the same amount of points, and because of the the fact that AIK's goals for/against total is less bad than Brynäs', they'll make the playoffs.

What do you guys think, do you want Jensen to play the Swedish playoffs, or come to North America?

So he's either trying to grow a playoff beard or is in trouble with the law?
(shiznak@Jun 17 2008, 08:00 PM)
Kesler was lucky to score 20 this year since the injury to Morrison allowed him to do so.

I doubt Kesler would ever break 15 goals in his career again.

#9 menace

menace

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 08:27 AM

Thanks for the update OP, I would like to see NJ in Chicago ASAP.

#10 Boudrias

Boudrias

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,275 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 09:35 AM

I'd rather he get North American experience. Play with the Wolves, learn how to use his size on a smaller ice surface, spend a year in the AHL and then jump into the big club.

Alternatively he could wow everyone with the Wolves like he did last year in the playoffs (4 goals in 6 games I believe) and head straight to the Canucks. This is a lineup that is playoff-primed, with size, skill and speed on every line. That's how Boston and L.A won the Cup, and it's how MG is moulding our team right now. Let's see this for Game 1:

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian
Burrows - Kesler - Booth

That offensive depth would be uncontested in the NHL. 20 goal scorers on just about every line. Each line has a playmaker, shooter, big body, good forechecker, size and speed. Most importantly every line can hit and wear down defencemen, while being able to score as well. That's how you win in the playoffs nowadays.

This offensive juggernaut has been burning the league up to date. Why do they need Jensen?

#11 higgyfan

higgyfan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 09:46 AM

Really need to see how he does with the Wolves before thinking he'll be on the second line. MG has got to find a RW that can fit with Booth and Kes. A big, tough playmaker (Corey Perry, although I don't see that happening) is what's needed. Jensen is very young and has little NA hockey experience at the pro level. That would be an awful lot of pressure putting him on the second line for a SC run.

#12 Nino

Nino

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,928 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 09:58 AM

come to north america with a stint with the wolves till the trade deadline. then gets called up to the canucks when MG knows exactly what the team will look like.

Sedin Sedin Burrows
Booth Kesler Jensen
Raymond Schroeder Hansen
Higgins Lappy Kassian

I don't want Higgins on the 4th.... It shows how deep we are but at the same time we need upgrades on the 2nd big time.

#13 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,468 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 09:58 AM

I wouldn't be surprised if Jensen could handle the NHL at some point this season - big, strong guy with great vision and hockey sense - and he's also exceptionally poised (like Tanev imo).
I'm guessing part of the reason Gillis blocked the trade was precisely because they didn't want him on an SEL playoff roster, postponing his return to NA.
The only hurdle I see with Jensen being called up is fit. On Kesler's wing he might not see the puck enough to take advantage of his sniping, with Schroeder there'd be a pair of rookies lined up together, not a fourth line type - perhaps the Canucks in Kesler's absence could do as they did with Kassian - give him a stint with the twins to get his confidence going and move Burrows in the short term to supplement the second line?
Regardless, really looking forward to seeing him in a Canucks jersey, whenever that may happen.

#14 spliced

spliced

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,201 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 10:21 AM

Looks like they lost if I'm looking at the right site. http://www.hockeylig...en-arena/38408/

You'll soon be home Nick.

#15 combover

combover

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 768 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 10:21 AM

he won't see time with the nucks this season. MG does not expose young players for short term gains until they know the system and prove they can handle the AHL level. maybe in the playoffs he gets the call and watches from the box.still look forward to seeing what he can do in NA
my warn status is for calling it like i saw it with Dave the donut Nonis. apparently the owners agreed

#16 Nino

Nino

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,928 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 10:29 AM

he won't see time with the nucks this season. MG does not expose young players for short term gains until they know the system and prove they can handle the AHL level. maybe in the playoffs he gets the call and watches from the box.still look forward to seeing what he can do in NA

I think he may get a short call up to take a look, I think MG already said he may play on the Canucks this season so apparently he would expose young players for short term gains?

#17 Z. Kassian

Z. Kassian

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,125 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 10:29 AM

Looks like AIK won't make the playoffs. woohoo
Posted Image

#18 Watermelon

Watermelon

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 10:33 AM

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian
Burrows - Kesler - Booth

There is no point brinign him in to 4th line minutes, Higgins and Jensen should swap spots.
Posted Image

#19 Kassian's Face

Kassian's Face

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 10:35 AM

When Kesler returns

D Sedin - H Sedin - Kesler - Sedin's are producing now so put Kesler with them to get his confidence up.
Raymond - Burrows - Booth - Raymond and Booth have chemistry and Burrows will benefit from the reduced minutes
Jensen - Schroeder - Hansen - Speed line with lots of agility. This line will break into the offensive zone like no other.
Higgins - Lapierre - Kassian - Depth? This 4th line looks comparable to most 2nd lines in the NHL.

In short I hope Jensen doesn't make the playoffs so that he can play here. We need him.

Edited by Kassian's Face, 02 March 2013 - 10:38 AM.

#20 kojak11

kojak11

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 10:51 AM

aik loses 1-0 jensen barely used then out for last minute
coach is a vendictive clown then wants the kid to bail him out
good riddance sweden

#21 theminister

theminister

Head Troll

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,058 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:23 AM

If we don't have any injuries then I think he'd need to rack up a ppg in Chicago over 15 games to be considered for anything more than a look.

The only possible way other that he makes it into the playoff line-up would be if we dealt a player like Booth or Raymond for a depth center or a D upgrade.

I am fine with this. The team, after adding a piece or two at the deadline, doesn't need him this year. He's probably the only rookie other than Lack to compete for a job in the roster next year.

Posted ImageNEW YORK ISLANDERS ROSTER - CDC GM LEAGUEPosted Image

2013 CDCGML CUP CHAMPIONS

#22 disisdayear

disisdayear

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:25 AM

aik loses 1-0 jensen barely used then out for last minute
coach is a vendictive clown then wants the kid to bail him out
good riddance sweden

You're right...the coach is a Swedish meatball...the kind you get at IKEA

#23 WindChaser

WindChaser

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:40 AM

Sedin Sedin Burrows
Booth Kesler Jensen
Raymond Schroeder Hansen
Higgins Lappy Kassian

Kesler would probably have to revert back to a pass first center for that second line to work.. but other than that...... daaaaaamn

#24 zombieksa

zombieksa

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,237 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:41 AM

I am glad he is going to be out of Sweden, that said I do not want to see him in the NHL this season. The Wolves could use some scoring depth (Haydar can't do it all) for the rest of the season. I expect some players to come into the lineup at the trade deadline and the Canucks to take another run at the cup. I expect Jensen having his few months in Chicago this year gets him more primed to earn a spot on the team next year. Especially with the salary cap decreasing significantly, getting him ready to be on the starting line up next year is very important.

Next year:

Sedin-Sedin-Jensen
Booth-Kesler- Burrows
Raymond-Schroeder-Hansen
? - ? - Kassian

Having Jensen, Schroeder, Hansen, Kassian and hopefully Lapierre and Higgins filling in that lineup all making under 2M is very important for the salary structure of this team to work. Next year is going to be a real test for Gilman and he is very lucky to have those 6 very talented players along with Tanev all making relatively low salary.

Moving a goalie and Ballard is going to need to happen sooner rather than later though..

Edited by knoxdown, 02 March 2013 - 11:44 AM.

"All religion, my friend, is simply evolved out of fraud, fear, greed, imagination, and poetry."
-Edgar Allen Poe

#25 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,695 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 12:20 PM

Looks like they lost if I'm looking at the right site. http://www.hockeylig...en-arena/38408/

You'll soon be home Nick.

Yup, lost 0-1. Brynas with a 3rd period goal and their goalie was the difference maker. Jensen had 3 shots (2 in the 3rd) but AIKis out of the playoff race. One more game and the SEL season is over for Jensen and AIK.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#26 combover

combover

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 768 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 12:56 PM

I think he may get a short call up to take a look, I think MG already said he may play on the Canucks this season so apparently he would expose young players for short term gains?

history says he won't cody,jordan, tanev all piad there dues first..not to mention he's a top six type player putting him on the third or forth is worse for him than the ahl..one defensive lapse will sit him on the bench from av . nucks have time this isn't edmonton where rushing prospects has worked out great just ask hall rnh... also know as head and shoulder
my warn status is for calling it like i saw it with Dave the donut Nonis. apparently the owners agreed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.