The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

AIK to play decisive game to decide if they go to playoffs in Elitserien (Nicklas Jensen)

uber_pwnzor

So yeah, it's their second to last game of the season. They're playing the team that's just above them in the standings, Brynäs. If they lose, they're out of the race, and Jensen can come to North America.

There has been some fuzz surrounding Jensen, he's the leading goal scorer on the team, but plays third/fourth line minutes. He's also the leading goalscorer among players under 20 in the entire league.

This is the standings (the top eight teams make the playoffs. A victory is rewarded with three points.

8) Brynäs, -42, 72 pts.

-----------------------

9) AIK, -27, 66 pts.

10) Växjö, -28, 60 pts.

So, AIK needs to win their two remaining games, while Brynäs loses both their games, to get the same amount of points, and because of the the fact that AIK's goals for/against total is less bad than Brynäs', they'll make the playoffs.

What do you guys think, do you want Jensen to play the Swedish playoffs, or come to North America?

come to north america with a stint with the wolves till the trade deadline. then gets called up to the canucks when MG knows exactly what the team will look like.

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Booth Kesler Jensen

Raymond Schroeder Hansen

Higgins Lappy Kassian

Pretty strong Foward depth

I'd like him to come to NA obviously, and play for the Wolves.

AIK has been vindictive since Gillis blocked a Jensen trade in the SEL. They have since limited his ice time, and literally used him as a spacer between the D and forwards during games. I'd like to see him come here, play for the Wolves and get the minutes he deserves. I don't think even Arniel can eff that one up.

I would be surprised if anyone said they wanted him to play in the playoffs. I can't wait for him to play for the Wolves. Hopefully he does well there and then gets called up. He has the potential to be that scoring spark the Canucks need. Great shot and tonnes of skill. He's young and a rookie, but other teams ie. Philly, Boston, Edmonton have had young guys being thrown into the big time and experienced offensive success so there's no reason why Jensen couldn't. That is, unless AV plays him for one shift and then benches him, but like he would ever do that, right guys! Right?

I'd rather he get North American experience. Play with the Wolves, learn how to use his size on a smaller ice surface, spend a year in the AHL and then jump into the big club.

Alternatively he could wow everyone with the Wolves like he did last year in the playoffs (4 goals in 6 games I believe) and head straight to the Canucks. This is a lineup that is playoff-primed, with size, skill and speed on every line. That's how Boston and L.A won the Cup, and it's how MG is moulding our team right now. Let's see this for Game 1:

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian

Burrows - Kesler - Booth

Raymond - Schroeder - Higgins

Jensen - Lapierre - Hansen

That offensive depth would be uncontested in the NHL. 20 goal scorers on just about every line. Each line has a playmaker, shooter, big body, good forechecker, size and speed. Most importantly every line can hit and wear down defencemen, while being able to score as well. That's how you win in the playoffs nowadays.

So yeah, it's their second to last game of the season. They're playing the team that's just above them in the standings, Brynäs. If they lose, they're out of the race, and Jensen can come to North America.

There has been some fuzz surrounding Jensen, he's the leading goal scorer on the team, but plays third/fourth line minutes. He's also the leading goalscorer among players under 20 in the entire league.

This is the standings (the top eight teams make the playoffs. A victory is rewarded with three points.

8) Brynäs, -42, 72 pts.

-----------------------

9) AIK, -27, 66 pts.

10) Växjö, -28, 60 pts.

So, AIK needs to win their two remaining games, while Brynäs loses both their games, to get the same amount of points, and because of the the fact that AIK's goals for/against total is less bad than Brynäs', they'll make the playoffs.

What do you guys think, do you want Jensen to play the Swedish playoffs, or come to North America?

I'd rather he get North American experience. Play with the Wolves, learn how to use his size on a smaller ice surface, spend a year in the AHL and then jump into the big club.

Alternatively he could wow everyone with the Wolves like he did last year in the playoffs (4 goals in 6 games I believe) and head straight to the Canucks. This is a lineup that is playoff-primed, with size, skill and speed on every line. That's how Boston and L.A won the Cup, and it's how MG is moulding our team right now. Let's see this for Game 1:

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian

Burrows - Kesler - Booth

That offensive depth would be uncontested in the NHL. 20 goal scorers on just about every line. Each line has a playmaker, shooter, big body, good forechecker, size and speed. Most importantly every line can hit and wear down defencemen, while being able to score as well. That's how you win in the playoffs nowadays.

Really need to see how he does with the Wolves before thinking he'll be on the second line. MG has got to find a RW that can fit with Booth and Kes. A big, tough playmaker (Corey Perry, although I don't see that happening) is what's needed. Jensen is very young and has little NA hockey experience at the pro level. That would be an awful lot of pressure putting him on the second line for a SC run.

come to north america with a stint with the wolves till the trade deadline. then gets called up to the canucks when MG knows exactly what the team will look like.

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Booth Kesler Jensen

Raymond Schroeder Hansen

Higgins Lappy Kassian

Pretty strong Foward depth

I wouldn't be surprised if Jensen could handle the NHL at some point this season - big, strong guy with great vision and hockey sense - and he's also exceptionally poised (like Tanev imo).

I'm guessing part of the reason Gillis blocked the trade was precisely because they didn't want him on an SEL playoff roster, postponing his return to NA.

The only hurdle I see with Jensen being called up is fit. On Kesler's wing he might not see the puck enough to take advantage of his sniping, with Schroeder there'd be a pair of rookies lined up together, not a fourth line type - perhaps the Canucks in Kesler's absence could do as they did with Kassian - give him a stint with the twins to get his confidence going and move Burrows in the short term to supplement the second line?

Regardless, really looking forward to seeing him in a Canucks jersey, whenever that may happen.

he won't see time with the nucks this season. MG does not expose young players for short term gains until they know the system and prove they can handle the AHL level. maybe in the playoffs he gets the call and watches from the box.still look forward to seeing what he can do in NA

he won't see time with the nucks this season. MG does not expose young players for short term gains until they know the system and prove they can handle the AHL level. maybe in the playoffs he gets the call and watches from the box.still look forward to seeing what he can do in NA

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian

Burrows - Kesler - Booth

When Kesler returns

D Sedin - H Sedin - Kesler - Sedin's are producing now so put Kesler with them to get his confidence up.

Raymond - Burrows - Booth - Raymond and Booth have chemistry and Burrows will benefit from the reduced minutes

Jensen - Schroeder - Hansen - Speed line with lots of agility. This line will break into the offensive zone like no other.

Higgins - Lapierre - Kassian - Depth? This 4th line looks comparable to most 2nd lines in the NHL.

In short I hope Jensen doesn't make the playoffs so that he can play here. We need him.

Archived