The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Standings Deceiving

puckinaround

The Canucks would only be in 7th place if we were in the East. But that is assuming we could win the same amount of games against a tougher conference. I dont think we could. There are four teams in the top 8 positions fromt the Central division in the West. We are the only North West team in the top Eight. This means that not only us, but all the teams in the West destroy our division.

Bottom line. We are not as good as you think.

The only times I actually bother to look at the standings is to see how other teams are doing or if it is near to the post-season. I care more for how the teams plays than the actual result of the game.

OP, you say the East is stronger?

East versus West record this season 0-0-0

Stop whining and enjoy the season. You're the same type that comes out bashing the team EVERY year when we struggle out the gate and miraculously becomes #1 cheerleader by the seasons end. It's pathetic.

Yeah if anything the East is weaker by alot. Please refer to NHL.com and look at the opponents. We may be in the 2nd easiest division, but we are in the harder conference. I would rather play Montreal and Pittsburgh over any California team.

Archived