The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jensen the " Goal Scorer "

J.I.A.H.N

I have been thinking about this for sometime, as I think Jensen is a gem, and could be wasted if AV puts him on the wrong line. My point is that he needs playmakers to excell, not shoot first kind of players, and he needs to be with top 6 players IMO.

This leads me to believe that he is much better suited for the Sedins rather than playing along side Kesler and Booth.I could be proven wrong, but that's how I see it.

How I see the lines, when Kes is back, is like this...................

Sedin/Sedin/Jensen.............................pure scoring line, hard for other teams to handle

Hansen/Kesler/Burrows........................number 1 checking line, will out score their checks

Booth/Schroeder/Kassin.......................Can crash and bash, but has the talent to score goals

Sestito/Lappy/Weise.............................Energy and size

Pinizzotto/Higgins/Raymond

I really like the first 2 lines and am not sold on the 3 line completely ( weak at center ), but I have not factored any deadline trades into this mix. Not sure about Kassin there either, but bringing in Jensen could really cause some good problems for AV and MG. Not sure how I put Pini, Higgi, and Raymond into the line up. I think I would also be bringing up Archibald for the playoffs for that size.

I really think we could take a good run with a 2/3 line center, and we have great assets for trade in, a combination of Booth, Raymond, Higgins, Luongo, Shcneider and our 2014 1st, that is a lot of talent to danggle out there.

Very confusing really, which is why I am a fan and AV and MG run the Canucks. What do you think of the first 2 lines...............any suggestiions? Feel free to make changes.

Chicago has two 19/20 year olds in their lineup this year.

There's something to be said about young talent that can come in and perform. Jensen has played with men already. He's shown he can adjust to every level he has played at.

I say give him a shot. He's got the size, speed, and shot to make him successful. Just needs to learn how to get on the right side of plays.

Jensen 'the goal scorer' hasn't really looked like one since early in AIK's season. Lately, as the games become more important, he's become a bench-warmer.

He'll have to go to Chicago. If he looks tremendous all over the ice there, then he can be called up. If not, goodbye for 2-3 yrs.

So according to TOML if Jensen doesn't tear up the AHL he will have to stay there for 2 or 3 years. That makes sense.

Because Kassian and Schroeder were both tearing it up when they were called up right?

All Jensen has to do is show that he can be responsible in his own end. Canucks management knows the offensive game is there, it's the other side of the game that he has to prove. If he's not ready this season, he'll most likely be next season.

Chicago has two 19/20 year olds in their lineup this year.

There's something to be said about young talent that can come in and perform. Jensen has played with men already. He's shown he can adjust to every level he has played at.

I say give him a shot. He's got the size, speed, and shot to make him successful. Just needs to learn how to get on the right side of plays.

These lines would be perfect for the playoffs - a big body on each line, combined with plenty of skill. That's how Boston and LA won cups, and is something we're not doing very well:

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian

Jensen - Kesler - Burrows

Raymond - Schroeder - Booth

Higgins - Lapierre - Hansen

Pinizotto

Sestito

That's amazing depth considering we have 20-goal scorers on every line, a big body on each line (Kassian, Jensen, Booth, Higgins) and each line can score and hit consistently. That's how you win in the playoffs nowadays.

No genius. He'll have to do more than float around looking for goals is what i meant. He'll have to play a 200ft game or he won't see any Canucks games this season or next. This was the case with Schroeder, Hodgson and Kassian.

Meanwhile his offensive game has been questionable since the first dozen or so games of AIK's schedule. So let's hope that he's just 'saving it up' for his trip back to NA, right? That's what we're praying for this season.

But to me it just looks like we're being too impatient, yet again.

He'll be good for us for sure. But odds are it won't be instant. In fact it may very well be 2-3 yrs.

So according to TOML if Jensen doesn't tear up the AHL he will have to stay there for 2 or 3 years. That makes sense.

Because Kassian and Schroeder were both tearing it up when they were called up right?

All Jensen has to do is show that he can be responsible in his own end. Canucks management knows the offensive game is there, it's the other side of the game that he has to prove. If he's not ready this season, he'll most likely be next season.

How is it rushing him if he's ready?

Until we see him over here it's too soon to say he's not ready. I think Canucks fans are just so used to 19 year olds not being able to make an impact that they forget it's possible. Just look around the league.

Higgins over Weise on the 4th. That's ridiculous.

Sedin - Sedin - Jensen

Burrows - Kesler - Kassian

Booth - Schroeder - Hansen

Sestito - Lapierre - Higgins

Raymond

Pinizzotto

Weise

We still have absolutely no idea how Jensen, Sestito or Pinizzotto will fair with this team. Those are some pretty big guesses.

Scheifle got his 5 or 7 game audition, so did 20 (rough guess around the league).

This year Huberdeau made it, Scheifle did not.

Give em 5 games after a stint in Chicago, then maybe he sticks, maybe he don't... Maybe he'll be like Kreider and get the call for the ply off's? Bottom line is its the NHL, he will be made to earn his spot!

I'm betting he plays at least half our play off games this year!

Archived