Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

WSH-VAN

Proposal

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 billabong

billabong

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,082 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 02:56 PM

to van: hendricks, wolski

to wsh: raymond, ebbett

van gets a gritty 3rd line center who is 62.2% on draws this season and a enigmatic playmaker in wolski

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup

FORWARDS
Daniel Sedin ($6.100m) / Henrik Sedin ($6.100m) / Alexandre Burrows ($4.500m)
Wojtek Wolski ($0.600m) / Ryan Kesler ($5.000m) / David Booth ($4.250m)
Chris Higgins ($1.900m) / Matt Hendricks ($0.825m) / Jannik Hansen ($1.350m)
Tom Sestito ($0.605m) / Maxim Lapierre ($1.000m) / Zack Kassian ($0.870m)
Dale Weise ($0.615m)
DEFENSEMEN
Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m) / Kevin Bieksa ($4.600m)
Alexander Edler ($5.000m) / Jason Garrison ($4.600m)
Keith Ballard ($4.200m) / Chris Tanev ($0.900m)
Andrew Alberts ($1.225m) / Cam Barker ($0.700m)
GOALTENDERS
Cory Schneider ($4.000m)
Roberto Luongo ($5.333m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $68,773,333; BONUSES: $0
CAP SPACE (23-man roster):- $4,473,333
Posted Image

#2 Gustavo Fring

Gustavo Fring

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 03:00 PM

I think this is super.
Posted Image

#3 406281dylan

406281dylan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 03:05 PM

weise is better the sestito and lapierre is better then hendricks if u switch those two up i like it

Edited by 406281dylan, 02 March 2013 - 03:05 PM.

#4 Kassassinate

Kassassinate

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 03:06 PM

I'm actually enjoying watching mayray play this year, and at the same time he is bumping up his trade value. Gotta give to get so not a bad trade.

#5 Phil_314

Phil_314

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,737 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 03:19 PM

I get the feeling that if this trade does happen and Raymond flourishes there, people will grumble about him being moved like they did when Grabner was dealt.

I like the Hendricks component (big, tough, 4th line center candidate) but been Wojtek's wolskfully inconsistent, which explains why he's been getting moved around so often. At least Wolski's bigger than Ebbett but it's debatable whether he's a better player than Raymond, that you would so confidently plug him into the 2nd unit. On most teams he's gone from 2nd line to 4th line and out (even with the Caps now).

IMO,
Raymond (when healthy and with Schroeder) > Wolski (inconsistent) )(Vancouver could end up with a glorified spare in Wolski)
Ebbett (very similar in value to) Hendricks, each can provide something to bottom 6 units, though Andrew has some speed and skill, while Matt provides toughness and F/O ability. Very much a wash.

I just get the feeling that they'll grumble about the net value of this move worse than they did about the Florida deal, if this deal did happen. If we were going to get them (given Washington tanks), I'd rather trade a 2nd or 3rd for Wolski than Raymond.

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

Jesus LOVES YOU!
2012, meet Matthew 24:36-47!

14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

#6 Yotes

Yotes

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,691 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 04:05 PM

I dont mind moving Raymond, because we have 2 younger players that will need a roster spot and will save us a couple million where as keeping raymond and resigning him.

Raymond for Wolski and if we can get a pick all the power to MG

Wolski has had over 60 points in his career. he is quite big too 6'3 215, Yes he hasnt done too much recently but potential is there hes only 27.

Wolski reg season stats: 443gp 262 pts = 0.59 ppg
Raymond reg season: 347pg 165 pts = 0.47 ppg

Wolski Playoff stats: 29gp 17pts. Not bad
raymond playoff: 51gp 16pts.... wow big difference

#7 bigpush

bigpush

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 04:11 PM

I get the feeling that if this trade does happen and Raymond flourishes there, people will grumble about him being moved like they did when Grabner was dealt.

I like the Hendricks component (big, tough, 4th line center candidate) but been Wojtek's wolskfully inconsistent, which explains why he's been getting moved around so often. At least Wolski's bigger than Ebbett but it's debatable whether he's a better player than Raymond, that you would so confidently plug him into the 2nd unit. On most teams he's gone from 2nd line to 4th line and out (even with the Caps now).

IMO,
Raymond (when healthy and with Schroeder) > Wolski (inconsistent) )(Vancouver could end up with a glorified spare in Wolski)
Ebbett (very similar in value to) Hendricks, each can provide something to bottom 6 units, though Andrew has some speed and skill, while Matt provides toughness and F/O ability. Very much a wash.

I just get the feeling that they'll grumble about the net value of this move worse than they did about the Florida deal, if this deal did happen. If we were going to get them (given Washington tanks), I'd rather trade a 2nd or 3rd for Wolski than Raymond.

Hendricks is a much more accomplished player than Ebbett because of his ablitiy to play the physical game and win draws, Ebbett's numbers are inflated from playing with high end players for a partial season with Anh. Ebbett is a decent depth forward who can fill in, where I see Hendricks as a full time 4th liner on many teams.

I think Wolski is done in this league though, Raymond does a lot of small things really well (PK, breakout, PP point, defensivly aware) he just doesn't seem to get the points. Wolski if he isn't scoring, isn't contributing.

While Hendricks is an upgrade I don't see it worthwhile to lose Raymond.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.