The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

to van: hendricks, wolski

to wsh: raymond, ebbett

van gets a gritty 3rd line center who is 62.2% on draws this season and a enigmatic playmaker in wolski

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER

My Custom Lineup

FORWARDS

Daniel Sedin ($6.100m) / Henrik Sedin ($6.100m) / Alexandre Burrows ($4.500m)

Wojtek Wolski ($0.600m) / Ryan Kesler ($5.000m) / David Booth ($4.250m)

Chris Higgins ($1.900m) / Matt Hendricks ($0.825m) / Jannik Hansen ($1.350m)

Tom Sestito ($0.605m) / Maxim Lapierre ($1.000m) / Zack Kassian ($0.870m)

Dale Weise ($0.615m)

DEFENSEMEN

Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m) / Kevin Bieksa ($4.600m)

Alexander Edler ($5.000m) / Jason Garrison ($4.600m)

Keith Ballard ($4.200m) / Chris Tanev ($0.900m)

Andrew Alberts ($1.225m) / Cam Barker ($0.700m)

GOALTENDERS

Cory Schneider ($4.000m)

Roberto Luongo ($5.333m)

------

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $68,773,333; BONUSES: $0

CAP SPACE (23-man roster):- $4,473,333

I get the feeling that if this trade does happen and Raymond flourishes there, people will grumble about him being moved like they did when Grabner was dealt.

I like the Hendricks component (big, tough, 4th line center candidate) but been Wojtek's wolskfully inconsistent, which explains why he's been getting moved around so often. At least Wolski's bigger than Ebbett but it's debatable whether he's a better player than Raymond, that you would so confidently plug him into the 2nd unit. On most teams he's gone from 2nd line to 4th line and out (even with the Caps now).

IMO,

Raymond (when healthy and with Schroeder) > Wolski (inconsistent) )(Vancouver could end up with a glorified spare in Wolski)

Ebbett (very similar in value to) Hendricks, each can provide something to bottom 6 units, though Andrew has some speed and skill, while Matt provides toughness and F/O ability. Very much a wash.

I just get the feeling that they'll grumble about the net value of this move worse than they did about the Florida deal, if this deal did happen. If we were going to get them (given Washington tanks), I'd rather trade a 2nd or 3rd for Wolski than Raymond.

I dont mind moving Raymond, because we have 2 younger players that will need a roster spot and will save us a couple million where as keeping raymond and resigning him.

Raymond for Wolski and if we can get a pick all the power to MG

Wolski has had over 60 points in his career. he is quite big too 6'3 215, Yes he hasnt done too much recently but potential is there hes only 27.

Wolski reg season stats: 443gp 262 pts = 0.59 ppg

Raymond reg season: 347pg 165 pts = 0.47 ppg

Wolski Playoff stats: 29gp 17pts. Not bad

raymond playoff: 51gp 16pts.... wow big difference

I get the feeling that if this trade does happen and Raymond flourishes there, people will grumble about him being moved like they did when Grabner was dealt.

I like the Hendricks component (big, tough, 4th line center candidate) but been Wojtek's wolskfully inconsistent, which explains why he's been getting moved around so often. At least Wolski's bigger than Ebbett but it's debatable whether he's a better player than Raymond, that you would so confidently plug him into the 2nd unit. On most teams he's gone from 2nd line to 4th line and out (even with the Caps now).

IMO,

Raymond (when healthy and with Schroeder) > Wolski (inconsistent) )(Vancouver could end up with a glorified spare in Wolski)

Ebbett (very similar in value to) Hendricks, each can provide something to bottom 6 units, though Andrew has some speed and skill, while Matt provides toughness and F/O ability. Very much a wash.

I just get the feeling that they'll grumble about the net value of this move worse than they did about the Florida deal, if this deal did happen. If we were going to get them (given Washington tanks), I'd rather trade a 2nd or 3rd for Wolski than Raymond.

Archived