The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Lurker or poster?

Mainly Mattias

Lurker or Poster?  

48 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Lurk, lurker, or lurking may refer to: Lurker, a person who often reads discussions on internet networks but seldom contributes to them.

Are you a lurker or a poster?

Lurker: How long have you been lurking and why aren't you posting?

Poster: How long did you lurk before becoming a poster and why did you start posting more?

This philosophy is simply an "age" issue. If you are younger, say, 20's or below, you feel it's so essential to throw in yer 2 cents. As a generation passes, & you reach late 30's/ 40's(myself), you may be content to sit back a bit, & sift through the exuberant youthful opinions...

I find reading here I tend to get important info on the team as it happens. Some posters are quite well-informed & insightful; it's often enjoyable to read their info, predictions & expectations. I should stipulate in a former life I panned for gold up in the hearty Yukon.

I used to post a ton when I first signed up for CDC.

Lately I've started posting a lot less. Just getting tired of some of the ridiculousness on this board. Sometime it's just not worth it. Can't even read some threads there is so much drivel...

Lurked the forums for years until I finally made an account, and then posted a crap-ton. Now, I don't post much, but according to your criteria, I would still be considered a poster.

:mellow:

The funny thing is the lurkers will never reply in this thread, so the premise of the OP is a bit flawed haha.

Guest Gumballthechewy

Poser. Lurker. Poster. Loser. Homer. Take your pick. I'm all of the above and then some.

I lurk and then I pounce. I mean post.

Archived