The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

**Send Schroeder to the AHL**

carlweezer

The problem once again is that we have no patience.

Schroeder will be a legit NHLer. But he isn't one now. No matter what time or linemates you give him.

He's not screwed and neither are we. You just got to let/make the player develop.

We didn't draft Patrick Kane.

I think the fact AV played Schroeder in a fourth line role in this game - and scratched Ebbett - is as much of a compliment as it is a 'demotion.'

This was a hell of a difficult matchup - Schroeder did fine in his limited minutes.

This was not the game to give him top minutes. Small rookie center on a team without their best 2-way center, and you expect Schroeder to step up and take that role in a game against the big team like the LA Kings. Defending champs btw.

Probably back on the 3rd line tomorrow against Calgary, as Lapierre looked ok, but not at home between Kassian and Higgins...

I think another consideration is that the Wolves are mismanaging Canuck prospects.

Schroeder might be taken out of their lineup to help him learn the NHL game because, in the AHL, the Wolves are inserting their own 'favoured' players, rather than the Canucks'.

When Kesler returns there is no reason to keep him up here. He is not big enough to make an impact physically in a bottom 6 role. Much like Hodgson their is no future for him in this franchise as long as Kesler and Henrik are here. He's done a good job filling in for Kesler, but I hope he gets sent back down to make an impact in a top-6 role with the Wolves when Kesler returns.

It's ironic, they wanted an ideal 4th liner in Volpatti to go to the AHL and play more minutes to develop his game and yet they got a more skilled player in Schroeder now playing the 4th line and barely playing any minutes, this despite the fact the are short at centre. How the hell does this help Schroeder's development? wtf

It's ironic, they wanted an ideal 4th liner in Volpatti to go to the AHL and play more minutes to develop his game and yet they got a more skilled player in Schroeder now playing the 4th line and barely playing any minutes, this despite the fact the are short at centre. How the hell does this help Schroeder's development? wtf

why is it any prospect or young player the canucks get these AV lovers say things like oh its the players fault

1. grabner 2. hodgson 3. schroeder 4. shirkov

so simple to blame the players then i ask why did the scouts get these guys?? if they are just busts?

OPEN your eyes AV has zero patience with young offensive players

he can only develop players like jannick hansen more grinders for AV

Gillis said in his last interview that Ebbett will be back up.There are reasons he was kept on the roster.

Deal with it as the man is a proven 2c and 3c at the NHL level.

Schroeder is doing ok,I would like to see him doing what Mason Raymond was doing tonight.

It looks like it will take him another year of development for consistency and strength he will need and we would like to see.

He is small,so his role is speed,skill and effective d.He is like Kass and that is the consistency that is needed as a pro is not there just yet.

Archived