The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

**Send Schroeder to the AHL**

carlweezer

Errr Jordan had been averaging 13-15 mins per game before last nights game.. The reason why he received so little ice time was pretty clear... It's because av wants to have bigger size against a big team like LA. This is the same reason why Ballard was scratch last night.

It's a one game thing and both players will be back to their normal shift next game. I don't know why people are makin such a big deal out of that.

Errr Jordan had been averaging 13-15 mins per game before last nights game.. The reason why he received so little ice time was pretty clear... It's because av wants to have bigger size against a big team like LA. This is the same reason why Ballard was scratch last night.

It's a one game thing and both players will be back to their normal shift next game. I don't know why people are makin such a big deal out of that.

The problem once again is that we have no patience.

Schroeder will be a legit NHLer. But he isn't one now. No matter what time or linemates you give him.

He's not screwed and neither are we. You just got to let/make the player develop.

We didn't draft Patrick Kane.

I agree with this.

Schroeder will have lapses like all the players but let's face it a lapse in form is much more obvious in a rookie. I think if AV wanted him sent down he would send him down. I think AV is just "resting him" on the 4th line. It doesn't mean he won't be back up the lines.

Quite honestly, last night was the best I have seen from the team, so there is no sense getting on AV's back. He changed the lines and they looked damn good at times.

Sending him down will NOT further his development. If people think AV is horrible with young players, then Arneil is AV on crack. Schroeder's linemates were pretty much decided by a slot machine from game to game and he wasn't utilized as a #1 offensive center to begin with down there in favor of under-performing veterans the Wolves organization wanted to push. It's better at this point to just let him get acclimated to the NHL even if its 8-10 minutes of ice time a night.

Archived