Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* - - - - 3 votes

**Send Schroeder to the AHL**

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
67 replies to this topic

#61 Papayas

Papayas

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,636 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 12:11 PM

Errr Jordan had been averaging 13-15 mins per game before last nights game.. The reason why he received so little ice time was pretty clear... It's because av wants to have bigger size against a big team like LA. This is the same reason why Ballard was scratch last night.

It's a one game thing and both players will be back to their normal shift next game. I don't know why people are makin such a big deal out of that.

#62 RyanKeslord17

RyanKeslord17

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 12:18 PM

Put Schroeder between Booth and Kesler
Posted Image

#63 zoner.

zoner.

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 12:28 PM

Errr Jordan had been averaging 13-15 mins per game before last nights game.. The reason why he received so little ice time was pretty clear... It's because av wants to have bigger size against a big team like LA. This is the same reason why Ballard was scratch last night.

It's a one game thing and both players will be back to their normal shift next game. I don't know why people are makin such a big deal out of that.

People like to look into things way too much, though AV doesn't make it easier with what he tells the media.
Posted Image

#64 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 01:08 PM

The problem once again is that we have no patience.

Schroeder will be a legit NHLer. But he isn't one now. No matter what time or linemates you give him.

He's not screwed and neither are we. You just got to let/make the player develop.

We didn't draft Patrick Kane.

I agree with this.

Schroeder will have lapses like all the players but let's face it a lapse in form is much more obvious in a rookie. I think if AV wanted him sent down he would send him down. I think AV is just "resting him" on the 4th line. It doesn't mean he won't be back up the lines.
Quite honestly, last night was the best I have seen from the team, so there is no sense getting on AV's back. He changed the lines and they looked damn good at times.
Kevin.jpg

#65 cc_devil

cc_devil

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 814 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 01:15 PM

So what the problem then?
Does Gillis drafting suck or is Av player management suck?

Answer is judging by past rookies doing well in the NHL today Av is horrible with young talent period.

#66 TheCammer

TheCammer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,838 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 01:59 PM

lol @ these AV homers

did you even see why he got -1?

it was your precious andrew alberts losing the puck behind the net, so how do you blame jordan for that one?

Once again you show your complete lack of hockey acumen. That goal was the sole responsibility of Schneider. It is the goalies job to read the forecheck and play the puck accordingly. He should have reversed the puck or shot it up the wall. Alberts had no time with the LA forechecker right on top of him.

I do agree the -1 had little or nothing to do with the other players on the ice though so it really shouldn't be held against Schroeder as symbolic of poor play in limited time.

The facts are Schroeder has not played well enough of late to deserve top 6 minutes and due to the matchup the team decided to not give him top 9 minutes. It was one frigging game and maybe a few more based on his play. Why do you AV haters feel the need to claim he ruins our prospects? Or the Gillis haters pipe in with draft bust questions.

The facts are that they thought enough of Schroeder's play that they took the risk of putting Volpatti on waivers to keep him up. Ebbett was not recalled with the Sestito pickup.

More facts, plenty of players have developed under Av to become very good two way hockey players. Grabner had issues with fitness and defense, he was traded to get Ballard who we desperately needed at the time (team didn't know they would get Hamhuis), was cut by Florida and finally got his crap together in long Island. Shirokov was not an NHL'er period. If he was he would be playing somewhere, he isn't. Cody was coming along fine but too impatient to get top 6 minutes without honing the defensive side of his game. Schroeder is coming along well, plays pretty solid defensively but is a little inconsistent right now.

I don't always agree or understand some of the things AV does but he is the most successful coach in our history so I'm not quick to throw him under the bus like the bipolar bandwagoners that litter the CDC.
258bdr6.jpg

#67 TheCammer

TheCammer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,838 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 02:01 PM

I agree with this.

Schroeder will have lapses like all the players but let's face it a lapse in form is much more obvious in a rookie. I think if AV wanted him sent down he would send him down. I think AV is just "resting him" on the 4th line. It doesn't mean he won't be back up the lines.
Quite honestly, last night was the best I have seen from the team, so there is no sense getting on AV's back. He changed the lines and they looked damn good at times.

I agree with you and the post you agree with.
258bdr6.jpg

#68 ghjffbali

ghjffbali

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,076 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 02:40 PM

Sending him down will NOT further his development. If people think AV is horrible with young players, then Arneil is AV on crack. Schroeder's linemates were pretty much decided by a slot machine from game to game and he wasn't utilized as a #1 offensive center to begin with down there in favor of under-performing veterans the Wolves organization wanted to push. It's better at this point to just let him get acclimated to the NHL even if its 8-10 minutes of ice time a night.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.