The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

**Send Schroeder to the AHL**

carlweezer

Lol nuck nit. 'Blah, blah, blah, Ebbett!'

Gimme a break. I know that he's paid little compared to other guys. That doesn't excuse him from doing absolutely nothing so far, does it? He hasn't looked good at all. Oh, but i'm sure Pini will...

I didn't expect much from Ebbett though. He is an AHL-level scrub. It's Schroeder that has potential to do something a bit more. But that'll take a bit time. Next season i'd expect a lot more from him, if indeed he's going to make it.

I'd rather we keep him around and allow him to develop while playing in the NHL. It's not as if we have a bunch of centers sitting around just waiting to be slotted into the lineup.

If he's not hurting the team I don't see an issue with keeping a young, developing player like him around. He's played against larger players his entire career, and he hasn't been a liability out there. He's not going to carry the offensive load playing on the second line, but I don't think it would be fair of any of us to expect such a thing out of him at this point in his career.

Given the circumstances it's not a terrible move to keep him around.. we could do worse.

I like the fact that he can play on the fourth line if the coach asks him to. No way Hodgson can play in that role. Schroeder's definitely got some offense to his game, but his strengths are his positioning and and puck-handling. I don't make a big deal that he was on the fourth line tonight, and I doubt he will either. There's no way AV actually believes that Lapierre should have more ice time then Schroeder as the season goes on, this was a one game thing.

'Blah, blah, blah, Ebbett!'

I know that he's paid little compared to other guys. That doesn't excuse him from doing absolutely nothing so far, does it? He hasn't looked good at all.

I didn't expect much from Ebbett though. He is an AHL-level scrub.

He may be a future NHLer; he may be a bust. Either way, it is apparent that there isn't much of a role for him available on this team.

He's pretty much limited to nuetral zone and offensive zone starts - doesn't help us get the Sedins offensive starts.

He can't play 2C long-term with Sedin and Kesler taking those spots. He doesn't play well at the wing. He is a minus physically - a bad matchup against larger forward groups such as the Kings or Ducks. He can't play 3C because that player needs to be able to take defensive draws. He's not a dynamic offensive player that you find room for.

I thought Grabner and Coho had skills to carve out a useful spot on the team. I don't see the same with Schroeder. I like his passing touch alot but it just isn't enough of a positive to make up for his deficiencies - particularly his lack of utility.

Why not send him down and let him marinate further in the AHL.... he needs to find a way to dominate offensively and its not going to develop playing NHL roles.

If AV and the Nux are going to use him in this role. 4th line centre with a bunch of dump and chase, crash and bang grinders...

3:36 of ice time after 2 periods...2:44 during Even Strength

I'd rather see Jordan sent to the Wolves and play 20 minutes a night in every situation. Ebbett or Pinzi can play the 4th line centre plug role..

Once again another prospect dies under AV's tootelidge......What does AV expect from a rookie? 20 consecutive phenomenal games...AV doesnt know how to teach, instead he just punishes and uses guys he is comfortable with.

:picard:

SCHROEDER IS 5'8 AND THAT IS BEIGN GENEROUS. HE WEIGHS UNDER 175 LBS!!!!!!!!

Why the hell would you put him out against LA in heavy minutes?

Schroeder would get destroyed.

AV gave him small minutes because he wants to KEEP Schroeder in the line up and off the IR.

The CDC was so excellent over the last several weeks, and then all these silly threads and opinions start showing up.

I hope it was one game type of decision. I really don't like how AV does the 4th line. It seems he always likes having a young guy with great potential on there (Kassian, Schroeder).

I think Schroeder should have been given the opportunity to play on the 3rd line at the very least.

If he remains on the 4th line then he should be sent down, as the way I see it, if it isn't good enough for the top 9 he isn't good enough for this team yet. When he has a proper permanent role on the team then obviously we'll keep him but if he gets limited ice time best send him to the minors where he will have a great role and greater impact.

Honestly. Who cares?

You sound so full of your own vile you can't even begin to appreciate a Canadian kid that dedicated himself to becoming a professional and made it to the big show- and then stayed there year after year -despite not even being drafted.

Andrew has played 55 minutes in a Canucks jersey this entire season and is a neutral +/- with a f/o% that rivals Jordan,yet he needs to be excused by you for doing absolutely nothing?

Ebbett certainly did not underachieve compared to Lappy or Jordan when on the ice and he makes league minimum.

53 NHL games for the Ducks.

49 NHL games for the Wild.

33 NHL games for the Coyotes.

23 NHL games for the Canucks.

10 NHL games for the Black Hawks.

Undrafted Canadian kid that rose through the ranks to become an NHL professional,underpaid and still bad mouthed by wanna be fan boy nerds like you.

My point exactly. Why give him more icetime when he's clearly struggling to provide offense currently? He started decently, but he's not one of the fastest on the team anymore because he's already worn out. In typical rookie fashion. The 4th line is where he'll have to stay until he shows signs of getting some energy back.

But somebody pointed out: WHO ELSE? And that person will obviously have to arrive via trade.

He's one of the fastest on the team ?!?!? He's smart, good hands, and fast. he'll learn his role. Small players take more time to develop,. He'll be good, its his first year on the big team. On the CDC patience is a four letter word.

Right now, the league seems to be trending towards big, tough plugs over lightweight skill guys. IMO, the game is changing and not for the better. The high speed, terrific play making is being replaced by heavy checking and plugging up the middle. This is not a good trend for guys like Schroeder.

I think the Nucks should begin switching Jordon to the wing (when playing lesser teams). Most of the smaller players that stay in the NHL are on the wing, not at center.

Sadly, it is looking like Schroeder will go the way of Hodgson with this team. Like Coho, he needs to be a top 6 guy and it is unlikely he will be that with the Canucks. It wouldn't surprise me if MG trades him before next season.

Archived