The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks 5 - Kings 2 - 03/02/13

Strombone1

I get that, and I support that he has held this line, but come on......lets make that trade already. Something about his tone on after hours and the way he so suddenly jumped in and agreed with that Tweet saying to keep both goalies. I'm afraid he is convinced that unless he gets Crosby or Stamkos back he's going to go with both. I think that's a mistake.

All this talk about Ballard being a healthy scratch, and I wonder if I'm the only one that had the thought that maybe they wanted a bigger guy to play against the Kings? They're a very big team, Alberts (in theory, at least) should have an easier time handling them. I thought he did a solid job. All this talk about Ballard being "number eight" on the depth chart is a little premature in my opinion.

That said, great game by the boys tonight, but the question is can they get up like this every night? And I'm starting to wonder if Kesler might have a negative influence on the team...

Alberts was responsible for both GA. on the first he took a questionable penalty, on the second he lost his check and did some kind of belly flop. Astonishing how he plays ahead of Ballard - which the entire situation is kind of fishy (I think he's in the process of being dealt). And then Cherry commends Alberts for being physical...

Anyways, shoudl be Luongo tomorrow night, give Schneider a break. Maybe we will see the debut of Barker?

I think we do need a center though, Schroeder isn't being given the opportunity and my hope in him as our option right now is fading.

I think he can be what we saw, but perhaps it would be best for him to go down later in the year (if we can pick up someone else) and have that fire, and lead the wolves now that he has got that NHL taste.

It could motivate him even more, it could be something similar that SJ did with Couture, and that we did with Cody in 10/11.

Alberts was responsible for both GA. on the first he took a questionable penalty, on the second he lost his check and did some kind of belly flop. Astonishing how he plays ahead of Ballard - which the entire situation is kind of fishy (I think he's in the process of being dealt). And then Cherry commends Alberts for being physical...

Anyways, shoudl be Luongo tomorrow night, give Schneider a break. Maybe we will see the debut of Barker?

I'm pretty sure the dude is a troll man. He's subtle but every one of his comments are polarizing or massive hyperbole. I wouldn't take him seriously at any rate.

Also, I have to say, I hated Raymond's play last year... but this year I've been loving his game. He's been shooting way more and seems to be playing with a lot more confidence. I'm glad the Canucks re-signed him for cheap to get him one last chance because it seems like he's working very hard to get his game back, and it shows now. That goal tonight was clutch and I think really turned the game around for us, I'm quite glad to have him play at this level for the price we have him at now.

Perhaps he was still battling through his back injury to an extent last year or maybe it just took him all that time to finally realize "I'm going to be OK" at being hit on the ice and regain his confidence, either way, good for him. It's a great story.

It was talked about on the Team 1040, following the game, that Barker would have suited up if Bieksa couldn't play (groin), and that Ballard was simply not going to play tonight. I just find it fishy that he goes from a 5/6 guy to #8 on our depth chart overnight, something is going down.

All this talk about Ballard being a healthy scratch, and I wonder if I'm the only one that had the thought that maybe they wanted a bigger guy to play against the Kings? They're a very big team, Alberts (in theory, at least) should have an easier time handling them. I thought he did a solid job. All this talk about Ballard being "number eight" on the depth chart is a little premature in my opinion.

That said, great game by the boys tonight, but the question is can they get up like this every night? And I'm starting to wonder if Kesler might have a negative influence on the team...

Great game by everyone, nice bounce back performance for CS and the Sedins just dominated the Queens.

Sestito's debut is good, made a huge hit, and broke Nolan's nose. After that beatdown the Queens were quieter, especially Clifford who was a non factor, he's usually chippy against us.

Bieksa - I loved that he shoved and got in the skin of that POS Williams, i hate that guy for some reason (maybe cause he looks kinda like Keith).

Raymond and Hansen props for the hard work and snipe show.

Now lets get to Cowtown and humiliate the f7ames even more infront of their fans. :)

Archived