244 replies to this topic

#31 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,048 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 10:50 PM

Hahah, I am enjoying listening to Healy own Stock here. "The didn't find a way to win, they were the better team!"

Both Stock and Simpson got called out multiple times tonight. Love it.

#32 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,138 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 10:51 PM

Hahah, I am enjoying listening to Healy own Stock here. "The didn't find a way to win, they were the better team!"

You're enjoying listening to Healy? :huh:
CANUCKS TILL I DIE

#33 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,821 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 10:51 PM

POPULAR

Garrison had a big night, he was +3 with 18 mins of ice time. I didn't notice him aside from the interference penalty, but being not noticeable is good for a d-man.

2d7ye0p.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#34 RockNroLLa.

RockNroLLa.

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 10:52 PM

Great team win. 1st line awesome, Mayrays line awesome. Cory great when needed to be, also think he intimdates Quick :) Alberts, Juice were physical. Edler didnt make mistakes. Tito made me forget Volpatti. Nhl.com "Overthrown" awesome.

#35 LeanBeef

LeanBeef

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,154 posts

AND BAM Nolan's first loss of the year
Sig too big.
"Being a Canuck fan, maybe sometime down the road be a Vancouver Canuck.... that would conquer all my dreams"
-Milan Lucic

#36 Nuxfanabroad

Nuxfanabroad

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,905 posts

Well done boys! Now how 'bout a blockbuster-deal, where we deal Luo/Ballard for a HUGE return?

#37 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,048 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 10:53 PM

If LA doesn't respect the Canucks, they may want to rethink that - Henrik outright embarrassed them tonight.

I realize they were talking about Stock-like antics, but in the end, they can play those games all they want as long as the Canucks outplay them between the whistles.

Edited by oldnews, 02 March 2013 - 10:55 PM.

#38 CrippledCanuck

CrippledCanuck

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 664 posts

POPULAR

Pj is so clueless, no business being a comentator

#39 CanuckianOne

CanuckianOne

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,403 posts

The Twins took over tonight. Great game all around.

g3HKFnX.png

#40 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,189 posts

POPULAR

Sedins stepped up to the task, went head to head with the hottest line in the NHL and absolutely owned them. Kopitar was invisible all night long after scoring 9 points in 4 games, Carter and Richards were shutdown and a combined -6, AV is a genius for opting to go with Alberts over Ballard against these big physical forwards, our depth scoring comes through again when Kesler is out of the lineup and Schneider played alright too.

Good overall game by everyone, but the big reason for our win was full team defence. Forwards were great at coming back and picking up their checks, and our defence played the Kings forwards hard, which is what we didn't do in the playoffs. Alberts and Bieksa in particular handled the big forwards with ease, and Garrison was an absolute monster in front of our net all game long. That's one thing they tidied up big time and it paid off.

Our 4th line was pretty pathetic, Sestito got his token hit and fight in but apart from that he, Schroeder and Weise were invisible. Not even worth having a 4th line. AV should try and get Schroeder some PK time because otherwise he's pretty useless.

Lapierre and Higgins had another strong game defending, I noticed twice in particular where they saved sure goals by checking forwards sticks just before they were about to shoot. Great PK jobs too.

Hansen and Raymond were spectacular tonight and scored big clutch goals when this team needed it. They just proved that our forwards can finish and have nice shots, all 3 forward goals were off absolute perfect shots. Even Booth had a good game but he really needs to produce more, hopefully he gets his legs and timing back soon.

The Sedins won us this game without a doubt and have their confidence back, but they were playing against young defencemen so don't give them too much credit here. A Kings defence without Mitchell and Greene have no chance of shutting the twins down, I want to see them play this way against more physical opponents because they'll have to do that in the playoffs. Nevertheless, they shred apart Kopitar and co. with ease tonight, and Burrows made a lot of nifty skilled plays all over the ice.

Schneider let in a couple of bad goals, but came up big when we needed him to. The first goal beat him cleanly and the timing of the 2nd goal was as bad as it gets, a clear brain-fart that would have deflated this team so he needs to thank Raymond for stealing the momentum back. Then in the third there was a great sequence of saves that kept the Canucks in the lead. A solid game, not a great game, but it's a good first step.
Posted Image

#41 RockNroLLa.

RockNroLLa.

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

lol yea..Stock obviously wasn't watching the game.

#42 Jaimito

Jaimito

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,817 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 10:54 PM

pretty complete gm

now get a winning steak going
Posted Image

#43 gamasutra

gamasutra

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Canucks are better without Kesler. Discuss.

#44 Ghostsof1915

Ghostsof1915

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,798 posts

Tanev is turning into my favourite player. Rock-solid d-man.
GO CANUCKS GO!
"The Canucks did not lose in 1994. They just ran out of time.." Barry MacDonald Team1040

Posted Image

#45 TimberWolf

TimberWolf

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,327 posts

You're enjoying listening to Healy? :huh:

Yeah, it was the twilight zone for a second there.

Both Stock and Simpson got called out multiple times tonight. Love it.

Yeah, Simpson sounded like he was about to cry there.

I was saying Lu-Urns...

star-wars-hockey-goal.gif?w=284

#46 bobopan

bobopan

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,513 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 10:55 PM

Sestito was a pleasant surprise loved his physicality but he's definately a player who plays on that edge. Will need to be careful. Schneider was fantastic.. Im not gonna get upset about his give-away behind the net..nothing new, he stuggles a bit puck-handling so if you get caught a couple times a year..well whatever. his play more than made up for it.

#47 AppleJack

AppleJack

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,356 posts

Just an amazing game tonight. The boys were firing on all cylinders It was really nice to see some of our non physical players (Hank) actually throwing hits and gooning it up loved it. Raymond looked really good tonight -except the missed draws- but he seemed like he has a lot more space. He also didn't fall as much as usual.

Tanev :wub: He's just so amazing! I can't really say anything else about him that hasn't already been said. The guy just keeps getting better and better and better. He is seriously our best defense D, and I honestly can not remember when he had a bad game or even made a bad play -that he didn't recover- he just keeps getting more and more impressive. I usually more of a Forward girl. I usually tend to get more excited about the flashy goals, and gritty plays, and all that jazz but the more I watch this kid play the more I am blown away. I am just so amazed. I seriously have a total HOCKEY crush on the guy. He's skills are just so out there! HE is Easily become one of my favorite canucks!

Edited by Gillyfluffball, 02 March 2013 - 11:10 PM.

Posted Image
Do Not Trade TanevPosted Image

Thanks TS <3

formely known as Gillyfluffball

#48 kilgore

kilgore

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,404 posts

This is the Sedin's best game this season in my opinion. Wow great effort. ...[...]

I have to say I agree. Puck wizardry combined with some attitude!

Schneider was stellar.

Craig Simpson blames Quick for the goals we scored. :rolleyes:
I wish fans could vote for who does our colour and play by play. Hughson finally makes it to the CBC and they cart him off to Toronto do their Golden Team's games (mostly).

#49 chrisbanks

chrisbanks

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Holy crap. We defended properly. Schneider a... decent..ish bounce back game. That second goal and his puck handling is way to volatile, it's sad that it took away from his game. Not sure why he's struggling with consistency this year.

Sedins played amazing. Tanev is incredibly sound defensively. He can't do anything offensively to save his life, but the guy never seems to frack up. He's like the only defender that doesn't. I can barely recall him ever having a bad game. At worst he's decent.

decent ish bounce back game? that cough up took nothing away from his game . he made numberous huge saves after that and there were break downs all over on that play from bieksa missing a hip check in the neutral zone taking himself out of the play ,to alberts and schnieds getting their signals mixed . both our goalies are terrible at playing the puck under pressure they should only leave the net to stop dumped pucks on PPs

#50 redhdlois

redhdlois

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 10:56 PM

Ya,....PJ Stock.....they were chasing the puck all night but found a way to win....give me a break you idiot.
Glen......We were CLEARLY the better team...

#51 RockNroLLa.

RockNroLLa.

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 10:56 PM

Garrison had a big night, he was +3 with 18 mins of ice time. I didn't notice him aside from the interference penalty, but being not noticeable is good for a d-man.

Yea and the quickness at which he lets that puck off his stick is amazing. Should give Edler some pointers...

Also Kesler for Perry :) and pick up Weiss in a separate deal.

#52 ice orca

ice orca

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,268 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 10:57 PM

God i hate those 2 tools, but what do you expect from Boston or Ranger slob knockers.

#53 zombieksa

zombieksa

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 10:58 PM

Make Raymond practice with Manny for the next 16 hours straight, take a pregame nap and see if he improves on the draw. If Raymond could become a center, this teams forward problems are solved.
"All religion, my friend, is simply evolved out of fraud, fear, greed, imagination, and poetry."
-Edgar Allen Poe

#54 chrisbanks

chrisbanks

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 10:59 PM

I have to say I agree. Puck wizardry combined with some attitude!

Schneider was stellar.

Craig Simpson blames Quick for the goals we scored. :rolleyes:
I wish fans could vote for who does our colour and play by play. Hughson finally makes it to the CBC and they cart him off to Toronto do their Golden Team's games (mostly).

3 of those goals quick never had his angles and as good as the shots were they were un-screened and if luongo or schnieds let them in all hell would break loose.. quick just doesnt have it this year from SC hangover to off season back surgery to his recent injury he just came back from cant really blame the guy.

#55 Twilight Sparkle

Twilight Sparkle

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,028 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:00 PM

well, it it CBC :bigblush:

Our 4th line was pretty pathetic, Sestito got his token hit and fight in but apart from that he, Schroeder and Weise were invisible. Not even worth having a 4th line. AV should try and get Schroeder some PK time because otherwise he's pretty useless.

i thought our 4th line played well enough, hardly "pathetic". all they have to do is eat out the clock. i will agree though they kind of got left hanging against the kopitar line for that one sequence but schneids wasn't gonna let anything else in. Schroeder is good. he's got the speed, he has nice hands. i thought he played well on the 2nd-3rd line with raymond and hansen was it? not too long ago before kes returned. that was a good line, i liked it. he's good on faceoffs. he's still young and he's showing some promise

15fitjt.jpg

#56 Moonshinefe

Moonshinefe

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,039 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:02 PM

lol I'm proud of the Sedins, that was one of the most physical games I've ever seen them play. Getting us a couple of goals wasn't too shabby either!

Solid performance by Schneider.

#57 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:02 PM

Posted Image

That's just all kinds of creepy....

Don't take anything I say seriously! EVER!

#58 Steve Carell

Steve Carell

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,666 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:03 PM

Wait... I thought our team sucked??

#59 TimberWolf

TimberWolf

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,327 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:05 PM

Those Linden clips make me ridiculously nostolgic.

I was saying Lu-Urns...

star-wars-hockey-goal.gif?w=284

#60 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:06 PM

To many knocks to the head?

Don't take anything I say seriously! EVER!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.